Not a JET database?

MrAdam

i've tried to create an ASP file that connects to an access database, but, when it tries it gives me an error saying that the database is not a 'jet' database. im using microsoft access 2000 with probably the default settings for everything.can i change access to create JET databases?-thanks

create a new file, call it connection.asp or what ever you like,then include the file on all pages that will use the database.paste this in your new file:

<%'-----------------------------------------------------------'###########################################################var_db_path = "your database path"'###########################################################'-----------------------------------------------------------' set the database connectionset db = server.createobject("adodb.connection")' open database connectiondb.open "driver={microsoft access driver (*.mdb)};" & _ 		"dbq=" & server.mappath(var_db_path) ' set the recordsetset rs = server.createobject("adodb.recordset")%>

then, in your page you can do something like this.

<%set rs = db.execute("select * from table")%>

hope this helps

<%'-----------------------------------------------------------'###########################################################var_db_path = "your database path"'###########################################################'-----------------------------------------------------------' set the database connectionset db = server.createobject("adodb.connection")' open database connectiondb.open "provider=microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0 ; data source="&server.mappath(var_db_path)' set the recordsetset rs = server.createobject("adodb.recordset")%>then, in your page you can do something like this.CODE<%set rs = db.execute("select * from table")%>