xhtml-mp

supertrucker

Why does wm3 not have any information or tutorials on xhtml-mp? It is inside the scope of the w3c to set standards, right? I actually had to use another web site for learning the syntax of it, and what DTD to use! I just thought that MP would be included in your tutorials, particularily in the WAP tutorials.For those of you that actually read this topic and are curious about xhtml-mp, I found a tutorial at xml.com, that helped me out quite a bit. Click the link and it will take you to their MP tutorial. As a novice, it took me a couple days to figure out how to use MP with PHP, but if someone is in the same "dummy" complex as me, here is a barebones 'template' of how to use XHTML-MP in PHP. I've never used Perl or any other server side scripting, but I'm sure it uses basically the same syntax as follows:

<?php	header('Content-type: application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml');	echo '<?xml version="1.0"?' . '>';?><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN" "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head>  <title></title></head><body></body</html>

I apologize if my question is a repeat, and for putting the code in the suggestions forum, but I did a search for 'xhtml-mp' and my results amounted to zilch. The code fit into the scope of my question, so that's why I included it here. Please accept my apology if you're affended!Peace,Supertrucker :)

First of all, you don't need to echo the XML prolog if it's always going to be present:

<?php	header('Content-type: application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml');?><?xml version="1.0"?>

You're absolutely right! :) I'm an idiot! I'm learning, but it seems like I have to walk in to a wall about a dozen times before I finally get something right with web authoring. Actually, I don't even have to declare the MIME type, from what I understand, it's automatically sent by the server... I think that's how it works at any rate, something to do with an .htaccess file?Thanks for the suggestion.Supertrucker :)