Regarding printing...

Guest xexre

Hi there :)I just had a quick, and probably a very ridiculous question.I'm familiar with the print.window() function, but I'm looking for something a little bit more flexible, and I'm not sure a JS can accomplish this....I have several pages on a form that individuals fill out that I need them to print. I don't need them to print the entire document, mind you, so print.window() isn't going to help out a whole lot. Is there any function within JavaScript that will allow me to print specific pages of my document?Thanks in advance for any responses to this.

As aspnetguy just (coincidentally) posted in another post, you may be able to use the media types in CSS to build a page specifically for printers.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="main.css" media="all" /><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="print.css" media="print" />

Then, in your print.css file, you could hide (using display: none;) all of the content that you don't want to print.Incidentally, it's window.print() rather than print.window().