Browser/OS statistics. Are Mac Intel taken into account?

Mateo

Hi,I've got a question about the Browser statistics page: are Intel-based Mac taken into account?I'm asking because when Net Applications see the Mac OS market share increasing from 4,72% to 5,39% between september and november 2005, mainly thanks to Intel Mac, the browser stats page indicates a decrease from 3,8% to 3,5% during the same period.Thanks by advanceMateoPS: Sorry if my English isn't correct, it's not my native languageā€¦ Don't hesitate to correct it, it would be helpful for me.

The browser and os statistics are based on the user agent strings passed in the browser. Regardless of the chipset the statistics are looking for the occurance of "Mac" or "Macintosh.Also the statistics on the website are only for the websites vistors not all user's in general.

OK, thanks. I was wondering because some other stats sites differentiate Intel and PowerPC Mac.I've got another question too: since it's now the third more used browser after IE and Firefox, will be Safari soon taken into account?