'scrollbar' CSS won't validate

LifeInBinary

This chunk of CSS kicks back errors:

scrollbar-face-color:#000000;scrollbar-shadow-color:#000000;scrollbar-highlight-color:#000000;scrollbar-3dlight-color:#000000;scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#000000;scrollbar-track-color:#000000;scrollbar-arrow-color:#000000;scrollbar-base-color:#000000;

I would like to be able to tweak these properties, but this CSS has GOT to validate 100% - so what can I do? Is there something different that I could use - or even JavaScript if I absolutely must?Here are the errors, if it helps:

Sorry! We found the following errorsURI : file://localhost/TextArea6 html, body Property scrollbar-face-color doesn't exist : #000000 7 html, body Property scrollbar-shadow-color doesn't exist : #000000 8 html, body Property scrollbar-highlight-color doesn't exist : #000000 9 html, body Property scrollbar-3dlight-color doesn't exist : #000000 10 html, body Property scrollbar-darkshadow-color doesn't exist : #000000 11 html, body Property scrollbar-track-color doesn't exist : #000000 12 html, body Property scrollbar-arrow-color doesn't exist : #000000 13 html, body Property scrollbar-base-color doesn't exist : #000000

those can't be w3c validated because it isn't in the Standards.Only IE will deal with them anyways, because they are proprietary to MSIE.Only way I know to do the Scrollbar thing is to find a js solution.

Lol, nice :)Btw, do you have any idea of a JS script that would allow me to alter the colors of the scroll bar? Maybe I am not looking in the right places... :/Thanks,Life In Binary.

Ty much man - while that is really cool, I am looking for something a little more subtle. I want the standard browser's scrollbar, just with different colors.Take a look at this website to see what I mean - that's the code I used (that won't validate as CSS) - I just need a way to do this that will validate :/http://www.iribbit.net/i/lifeisbinary/nexusdesigns/home.html

The script rahXephon provided can be customised with whatever images you want - you can take screen dumps via PrtScn of the scrollbar in IE as you want it, slice it up, and use them as your images.

Archived