vbscript newbie... need help with a link glitch.

trlenz

I recently purchased a software for photo management to load to a client's website. The software is file based and just loads asp files to the server which contain vbscript,html and css to make up the gallery selection pages. I have successfully got the gallery selection page placed into an iframe on the host site page. The issue is the software has, by default, 3 links to open any given galley page. Two of them open the gallery in a new Window, but one opens inside the iframe. I need all three to do the same thing or I need to remove the glitched one. Everything in the html within these files has the target="_blank". So I think it may be in the vbscript, but I cannot identify where to find these "controls". Can anyone help?

I can't really comment without seeing the code, but I doubt the issue if VBScript. They might have some Javascript on the page which attaches event handlers to the links to override how they work, but they wouldn't do that with VBScript and then only have it supported in IE. If you look at the HTML source that it generates, and all of the links look correct, then it's not the ASP code that is the problem.

• Like 1

You were correct. It was not the vbscript. it was the html. I found the error in my code. One of the links had targe='_blank'...... the last t was missing. Doh!!! Thank you for leading me in that direction. Looked back through the html instead of trying to search/decipher the vbscript and it helped me find the issue.