Bigger input field?

eduard

Now the code is allright, but how do I get a bigger input field for ´description´?<html><body><form>Description: <input type="text" name="description" ><br />Price: <input type="text" name="Price" id="Price" /><br />Quantity: <input type="text" name="Quantity" id="quantity" /></form></body></html>

Use the height and width CSS properties and a textarea.

<textarea id="description" name="description"></textarea>

textarea#description {width: 95%;height: 200px;}

Use the height and width CSS properties and a textarea.
<textarea id="description" name="description"></textarea>

textarea#description {width: 95%;height: 200px;}

Thanks!

<form>Description: <input type="text" name="description" ><br />Price: <input type="text" name="Price" id="Price" /><br />Quantity: <input type="text" name="Quantity" id="quantity" /></form>
this field is "input" so textarea will not work.The description input does not have an id or a class so you need to find a way to target it in CSS
Description: <input type="text" name="description" id="desc" ><br />

and CSS

input #desc{width=100px;  /*adjust width as required*/}

I would nto specify the height that way it will be the height of the text.Guy

this field is "input" so textarea will not work.The description input does not have an id or a class so you need to find a way to target it in CSS
Description: <input type="text" name="description" id="desc" ><br />

and CSS

input #desc{width=100px;  /*adjust width as required*/}

I would nto specify the height that way it will be the height of the text.Guy

I don´t manage!Where do I have to write the CSS?<html><head>input #desc{width=100px;</head><body><form>Description: <input type="text" name="description" id="desc"><br />Price: <input type="text" name="Price" id="Price" /><br />Quantity: <input type="text" name="Quantity" id="quantity" /></form></body></html>

I saw the example, but still it doesn´t work!<html><head><style type="text/css">input #desc{width="100px";}</style></head><body><form>Description: <input type="text" name="description" id="desc"><br />Price: <input type="text" name="Price" id="Price" /><br />Quantity: <input type="text" name="Quantity" id="quantity" /></form></body></html>

Come on, Eduard. By this point, you should be able to spot the error with this:input #desc{width="100px";}EDIT:I also just notice that your selector is a little bit off. You have a space in there that shouldn't be. Try one of these two (either will work):input#desc <--Notice no space between input and #descor#desc

I saw the example, but still it doesn´t work!<html><head><style type="text/css">input #desc{width="100px";}</style></head><body><form>Description: <input type="text" name="description" id="desc"><br />Price: <input type="text" name="Price" id="Price" /><br />Quantity: <input type="text" name="Quantity" id="quantity" /></form></body></html>
you're CSS is wrong, you use a colon between attributes and values, not an equals signs.

Come on, Eduard. By this point, you should be able to spot the error with this:input #desc{width="100px";}EDIT:I also just notice that your selector is a little bit off. You have a space in there that shouldn't be. Try one of these two (either will work):input#desc <--Notice no space between input and #descor#desc
It still doesn´t work!<html><head><style type="text/css">#desc{width=200px;}</style></head><body><form>Description: <input type="text" name="description" id="desc"><br />Price: <input type="text" name="Price" id="Price" /><br />Quantity: <input type="text" name="Quantity" id="quantity" /></form></body></html>

um...did you actually read our replies? Or just read them and ignore them?

Come on, Eduard. By this point, you should be able to spot the error with this:input #desc{width="100px";}
you're CSS is wrong, you use a colon between attributes and values, not an equals signs.

I don´t manage!Where do I have to write the CSS?<html><head>input#desc{width=100px;</head><body><form>Description: <input type="text" name="description" id="desc"><br />Price: <input type="text" name="Price" id="Price" /><br />Quantity: <input type="text" name="Quantity" id="quantity" /></form></body></html>
there are three mistakes - two are mine :-(
<head>input #desc   /*no spaces*/{width:100px;   /*replace "=" with ":"*/}	 /*need close bracket here*/</head>

now this works in chrome, opera, ff and safari. I never have the energy to test in all IE versions.Guy

Archived