Sign in to follow this  
Revolution

Table, 3 columns

hey i need the code for splitting the page into three colums and a header up the top hopefully you understand what i mean whoever can help me with this simple questionsur a gr8 programmer even though its a simple qtn thnx matecyarevolayshan

Do you want to split the page by using frames or table??The code for the table is below

<html><head><title> Page title</title></head><body><table width="75%" align="center" border="1"><tr><td width="100%" colspan="3">  This is the heading or the top Row <br><br></td></tr><tr><td width="20%"> The left Column<br><br><br><br><br></td><td width="60%"> The center Column</td><td width="20%"> The right Column </td></tr></table></body></html>

You can specify the height of table. But if you use the CSS the code can be reduced.

make sure you add you "valign" attribute so your left and right columns don't default to the middle when you content grows:

<table width="750" border="1" align="center"><tr><td colspan="3">This is the heading or the top Row <br><br></td></tr><tr><td width="150" valign="top">The left Column<br><br><br><br><br></td><td width="450" valign="top">The center Column<br></td><td width="150" valign="top">The right Column<br></td></tr></table>

Always more than one way to skin a cat.:)