Working on my official first WebSite

Norman

Hi guys. I've finally completed the homepage of my first official web site (I had tried to do something but never with ethusiasm like now). The site's name is Skullmonkeys: it's my band's site. I think I have done a great job! I would like to know your advice. I haven't it online yet, becouse I'm working in local. So, check the screen and let me know your thoughts!skullmonkeyshomemj5.th.png:)

Really neat design !but i think it would look even cooler without the grey bar around menu bar

nice job Norman, just a few suggestions, i think you should style the links in the main content area and footer to a color that matches the theme of the site and in the main content area align the content to the top rather than middle

Really neat design !but i think it would look even cooler without the grey bar around menu bar
Yes, I was asking for this in the FLASH area: http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=15291. I have downloaded a converter, but I'm not able with Flash..
nice job Norman, just a few suggestions, i think you should style the links in the main content area and footer to a color that matches the theme of the site and in the main content area align the content to the top rather than middle
Yes, I have already seen the links bad colour. Thanks, aligned to the top! :)
great job bud.EDIT: Sorry for the screw up with your post. It should be fine now.
No problem, man! :)

Good work.The header banner over powers the parent navigation. The banner should make an impact as it is used to establish your brand, but understanding how to navigate the site takes priority. I'd either increase the size of the parent navigation bar or reduce the size of the header banner (or a combination of the two).The link colors in the text (blue) will need to match the colors used as well - the blue contrasts poorly with the black and is hard to read.Again, good work, only a few things I could see changed to make a very presentable site.

...About links.. wich colour do you suggest?...
two different shades of a light grey. I've been using a link style I saw somewhere - maybe even from someone here:
<style>a:link,a:active,a:visited {	color:#333333;	text-decoration:none;	border-bottom:1px dashed #000000;}a:hover {	color:#000000;	text-decoration:none;	border-bottom:1px solid #000000;}</style>

Just substitute the colors.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You need to have a look at your links. I went to the news page then couldn't navigate anywhere else as the paths were wrong.

What are the problems you are thinking about?
Some have wrote their advice when my site was offline (just seeing an image), now that is online I would like to know more advice, if possible. That's it!
You need to have a look at your links. I went to the news page then couldn't navigate anywhere else as the paths were wrong.
I know, I will not adjust them.. this becouse I've uploaded it just for your reviews about the 'style', and the 'code'. Don't take care to the wrong links. :) Thank you,Norman

Archived