CSS background image not showing up?

daytona10

Hey everyone, I'm having problem with this css code.

background-image:url('images/bullets.png')

basically the background I am trying to attempt is in a folder in the root folder called images, and the actual name ofthe images is bullets.png. I am positive that is the correct name as I looked at it and compared about 10 times to make sure I wasn't going crazy, but for some reason it will not show up at all! Am I linking to it wrong?

IF your css file is in the root then that is correctyou need a semi-colon on the end of thatAlso you may have issues if the png is 8 bit, but you should still get something.what are you adding the background to?maybe post a bit more code?

background-image:url('images/bullets.png');

IF your css file is in the root then that is correctyou need a semi-colon on the end of thatAlso you may have issues if the png is 8 bit, but you should still get something.what are you adding the background to?maybe post a bit more code?
background-image:url('images/bullets.png');

oh yeah I forgot to copy the ; but actually the css is within a folder called style, I think that is the problem...is there any way for the css to stay within the style folder but grab the image from the other image folder?**EDIT forgot to add, I was trying to change the number in nivoslider to bullets, and I have an picture of some bullets here the full code for that section.
.nivo-controlNav a {	position:relative;	z-index:9;	cursor:pointer;	background-image:url('images/bullets.png') no-repeat;	width:22px;	height:22px;	margin-right:3px;	}

if the folder structure is like thisROOT FILE:style folderimages folderindexthen try to use this

.nivo-controlNav a {position:relative;z-index:9;cursor:pointer;background-image:url('../images/bullets.png') no-repeat;width:22px;height:22px;margin-right:3px;}

EDIT: using this ../ helps u to get back in the root to get file in the root..

if the folder structure is like thisROOT FILE:style folderimages folderindexthen try to use this
.nivo-controlNav a {position:relative;z-index:9;cursor:pointer;background-image:url('../images/bullets.png') no-repeat;width:22px;height:22px;margin-right:3px;}

EDIT: using this ../ helps u to get back in the root to get file in the root..

duh, how could I miss this! thanks a lot! :)

../ --> just goes up one level./ --> will start you at the root.The problem was with the location of the stylesheet relative to the image. To always start from the root, you could do /images/bullets.png

Archived