Editing page template

Noz03

I'm trying to make some small changes to a wordpress page template and for the life of me can not understand what I am doing wrong!Before I started editing it was set up to display the left half with some text, and the right part with an image or slider. I put my slider in, but I want to make the right part larger and the left part smaller. Instead of 50/50 maybe something like 35/65. To me this should be as easy as just changing the "grid col-XXX" parts for each section but when I do it ends up putting the text on top and the image on the bottom! Why???

<div id="featured" class="grid col-940">  <div class="grid col-460">	    <p>    <?php    if ( isset( $responsive_options['home_content_area'] ) && $db && $empty )	 echo do_shortcode( $responsive_options['home_content_area'] );    else	 _e( 'Your title, subtitle and this very content is editable from Theme Option. Call to Action button and its destination link as well. Image on your right can be an image or even YouTube video if you like.','responsive' );    ?>   </p>  	       </div><!-- end of .col-460 -->  <div id="featured-image" class="grid col-460 fit">       <?phpif( function_exists('FA_display_slider') ){    FA_display_slider(103);}?>		  </div><!-- end of #featured-image --></div><!-- end of #featured -->

I'm going to guess it does that because you're changing it to a class name that doesn't exist. You can change the class to grid col-1337 if you want, but that's not going to do anything if your stylesheet doesn't have a class with that name defined.