Upload file and from multiple text fields to mysql

kite111

Hello. I have a form with 5 textfields and 1 file field. It can already upload the file to a specified folder but I can't make it work when there are multiple textfields.It doesn't insert into the db table. How do you guys do it?

<?phpif(isset($_FILES['filename'])){    $errors = array();    $file_name = $_FILES['filename']['name'];    $file_size =$_FILES['filename']['size'];    $file_tmp =$_FILES['filename']['tmp_name'];    $file_type=$_FILES['filename']['type'];       $file_ext=strtolower(end(explode('.',$_FILES['filename']['name'])));if(isset($_POST['name_sender'])){    $nameSender = $_POST['name_sender'];}if(isset($_POST['address'])){    $Address = $_POST['address'];}if(isset($_POST['contactno'])){    $contact_no = $_POST['contactno'];}if(isset($_POST['totalsent'])){    $total_sent = $_POST['totalsent'];}if(isset($_POST['datesent'])){    $date_sent = $_POST['datesent'];}	    $expensions= array("jpeg","jpg","png");             if(in_array($file_ext,$expensions)=== false){        $errors[]="extension not allowed, please choose a JPEG or PNG file.";    }    if($file_size > 2097152){     $errors[]='File size must be excately 2 MB';    }              // if there are no errors...         if (empty($errors)==true) {        // upload the file...        move_uploaded_file($file_tmp,"uploads/".$file_name);        $servername = "localhost";        $username = "root";        $password = "";        $dbname = "admin";        // and create a new record in the database        mysql_connect($servername, $username, $password) or die ('MySQL Not found // Could Not Connect.');        		mysql_select_db("admin") or die(mysql_error()) ;        		mysql_query("INSERT INTO payment_form (name, address, contactno, totalsent, paymentdate, filename) VALUE ('$nameSender', '$Address', '$contact_no', '$total_sent', '$date_sent', $file_name')") ;        echo "Success";    }else{        print_r($errors);    }}?>

i'm certain the my db table has the corresponding columns. sorry if it's a messy or a wrong way to code.i'm still in the stage of putting together codes that work...

Edited by kite111

What errors do you get from your INSERT?

Have you echoed each var to make sure they're what you expected?

Also, try VALUES instead of VALUE

Edited by niche

What errors do you get from your INSERT?

Have you echoed each var to make sure they're what you expected?

Also, try VALUES instead of VALUE

No i didn't echo the variables.got no errors.the file uploaded in the folder but the text fields didn't insert. oh and that was VALUES.the S just got erased from the editing.still doesn't insert in the db table. what else should I try?

put this at the end of your insert and you'll probably will know more:

or die(mysql_error())

put this at the end of your insert and you'll probably will know more:

or die(mysql_error())

tried this code. now i'm getting undefined index for every var in $_______ starting in if statement submit..what's wrong?

if(isset($_FILES['filename'])){    $errors = array();    $file_name = $_FILES['filename']['name'];    $file_size =$_FILES['filename']['size'];    $file_tmp =$_FILES['filename']['tmp_name'];    $file_type=$_FILES['filename']['type'];       $file_ext=strtolower(end(explode('.',$_FILES['filename']['name'])));}if($_POST['submit']=="Submit");	{		$nameSender = ($_POST['name_sender']);		$Address = ($_POST['address']);		$contact_no = ($_POST['contactno']);		$total_sent = ($_POST['totalsent']);		$date_sent = ($_POST['datesent']);		$file_name = ($_POST['filename']);	addData ($nameSender,$Address,$contact_no,$total_sent,$date_sent,$file_name);			}function addData($nameSender, $Address, $contact_no, $total_sent, $date_sent, $file_name)	{		include ("dbinfo.php");		$sql = "INSERT INTO payment_form VALUES (null, '$nameSender', '$Address', '$contact_no', '$total_sent', '$date_sent', '$file_name')";		$result = mysql_query($sql)	or die(mysql_error());	}

What values do you get when you echo the values of each of these vars:

$nameSender, $Address, $contact_no, $total_sent, $date_sent, $file_name