Rule @face font

Gema

@font-face {  font-family: 'AEBL';  src: url('fonts/AEBL.eot');   src: url('fonts/AEBL.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),        url('fonts/AEBL.woff') format('woff'),        url('fonts/AEBL.ttf')  format('truetype'), }div {font-family: 'AEBL';}

you need 3 types of font extension to make it work on all browsers (TTF, EOT, WOFF).....u only have ttf

btw...i am not able to find AEBL font....are you sure it is not Abel font

Edited by Tezzo

Just for testing, TTF alone will work for all recent version of browsers. See compatibility table here: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_font-face_rule.asp

I suspect it wasn't working because he forgot to assign it to an element.

body {    font-family: Avenir;}

@ingolme.... i tried to look for AEBL font......google doesn't even show in its suggestions....i am guessing he might have assigned wrong name

@Gema.....right click on your font....select preview....you will see the name of the font

@ingolme.... i tried to look for AEBL font......google doesn't even show in its suggestions....i am guessing he might have assigned wrong name

@Gema.....right click on your font....select preview....you will see the name of the font

I assume this is the font he's using: http://www.fonts.com/font/linotype/avenir

The filename doesn't necessarily have to match the font name.

Hello:

It wanted to answer to several members who have wanted to help me

I tape-worm understood that with the typography ttf tape-worm that to work in all the current explorer.

I don´t forgot to assign it to an element.

And the filename doesn't necessarily have to match the font name.

This where my mistake?

@font-face{   font-family:"Avenir-n;   src: url('fonts/AEBL.ttf');}@font-face{ font-family:"Avenir;src: url('fonts/AEM.ttf');}

That should work assuming your font files are not messed up. To be safe with browser compatibility, I normally use a service such as FontSquirrel to convert my fonts. Then I use css like Tezzo's first post and I have never had issues with it.

Edited by dzhax