Sending mail

Weiss

Hello everyone.

Im pretty new at this, but ive built an html form that send to php to proccess it and the php is supposed to send email.

Im currently running windows 10, apache 24 with php and mysql installed, the "site" sits on my computer of cours and im using localhost to enter it.

when i run the script i get the following msg:

Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\Apache24\htdocs\report.php on line 30
Thanks for submitting the form.

I understand that i need to edit my php ini, but frankly i have no idea what im supposed to write there?

thank you in advance for helping and please, if you can explain it to me as if i entered this world only a month ago :o

thanks very much

Do you actually have! A mail server installed and setup? They are not usually supplied by default with local server installation, but you could use 'TestMailServerTools' (google), it will listen for email being sent at a port, and show in your o/s email program, while also storing the email in question.

• Like 1

You could just use XAMPP as your default webbrowser, xampp comes with pre-installed mysql, php and apache server, and it also have a firezilla ftp server and the mercury mail server. Just look up on it.