codeminer

Just messing around with apache config file, if you look in dashboard  you can find  a link  called  How To ,If you click it  will  it will bring you to a menu  with  a list of topics  with step by step instruction on how to set up different  browser functions.  For instance setting  up sub-domains ,virtual-host,alias  which to me are very much the same thing and use the same  directives . I followed all the instruction to create  sub-domains  everything went very easy and smooth . The only thing i don't like about it is that every time you create a sub-domain  you have to manually  add the ip address to system 32 /driver/extra/ext/host  file the only way to get around this  they explained was  to use a domain  name server "DNS"  or a  proxy  DNS .so i went and found me  a proxy DNS  installed it  on my machine BOOM THAT BABY  WORKS LIKE A CHARM.  Just thought  id drop a link in case  any of you would like to add sub-domains  without  having the need to manually add  the ip addres to  your host file. Here the link to Acrylic DNS Proxy http://mayakron.altervista.org/wikibase/show.php?id=AcrylicHome  hope this helps somebody  if you need help  on installing  let me know and i will post the instructions 

Edited by codeminer

This is true.  What they do have in common is you still have to add the ip address to your host file in order to access them by there name with out having to add 127.0.0.1/bla/bla/bla. Thats what i was trying to address in most cases it has to be done  manually and then theres daemon the dynamic link the owner sorry if i offend you  

Edited by codeminer

It's not offensive, I just want to make sure you understand they're not the same thing.  You don't necessarily need an entry in your host file, your computer just needs to be able to resolve the domain name through DNS or local resolution.  It checks the host file before contacting a DNS server so that lookups for things in the host file are faster and don't require a DNS round trip.  This is how the entire domain name system works for the internet.

Thank you man it motivates me to learn.  i appreciate  correction  im not all that im just trying to learn.  just thought this might help somebody  i used that proxy  dns it works great  i have access to every folder just by typing in folder name and the tld and i don' have to add anything to the host file it done dynamicly