product display options on hover

bartonlewis

I want to know how to do the following, but I don't even know the name for this effect:  You are shopping for a product - say a chair - and the store gives you option to see what it looks like in different fabrics.  You click on 5 different fabric swatches and you can view the chair  covered in each of those fabrics.  What is this effect called and where can you learn about it?

Thanks,

Barton

Being a texture it would be difficult to reproduce as you would with plain colours as that would involve using a template with just shadows and stitching etc and placing colour styling behind it. With texture you will possibly have distortion of texture caused as it wraps round and also seam tension. So might be better to use a image of the actual texture item at the same perspective and place behind template outline or specific area of the item, layering it like you would in photoshop.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your reply.  Actually I am not using it for the example I provided, but rather I want to display different artwork in a frame, with the frame hanging in a room and different pieces of art placed in the frame according to the user's clicks.  I presume from your reply that templates are something you can use in html and/or css and I will research that for a start.