accreditation

Guest hfortenberry

Guest hfortenberry

Hi all, I just found this site and am very impressed. I am especially excited about the GetACoder.com and the Certifications. I have a question though. Who is accrediting these certifications? I need to know what to put on my resume when I complete an exam. I don't want to put the name of a webpage (w3schools.com) since it needs to be totally professional. I also want to make sure that since I am paying for the certification, the certification is meaningful to potential clients.Does anyone know about this?Thank you,Holly

Most meaningful certifications will come for server side scripting languages like ASP and Cold Fusion - I am not aware of an official PHP Certification - someone chime is as needed. This is mainly due to the commercial nature of their existence. A commercial entity will want to "certify" you becuase it means they get to train you, which means they get your money. Of course the positive side affect of that capitalist approach is that it doesn send the message that this person is trained properly be the people who made the stuff.Since HTML is not really "made" by any one commercial entity, by governed by a consortium, there is no one that can really benefit form saying they certified you - someone will always have something to question about the certificate's validity. However, it does send a message that you are sincere and knowledgeable in a specific area.All in all, I can't say that any certificate (HTML, ASP, Cold Fusion) carries much "meaning" to a client. It may impress them and give them some comfort, but yourexpertise, work/portfolio, and the follow up support will speak more volumes than any piece of paper.The most important thing to remember is that in this business you are not selling your skill as a HTML developer, you are selling the trust that you can get the job done.