Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About buckibooster

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender
  1. I think I'm beginning to understand my problem but still need help in finding a solution.My problem is this. I have a <div> on my main web page ("audioPlayer") with content provided by an AJAX call. The AJAX call occurs as part of a javascript function executed when the web page body is "loaded." My jquery code is contained within a "$(document).ready(function()." This means that my jquery code looks for content that isn't present after loading of the body but only after execution of the AJAX call. As a result, my jquery code is trying to execute within web
  2. In this case, dsonesuk, the first <div> is a first child of <body>. As I said earlier, one of the differences is that the code coming back from the AJAX call is inserted into a <div> that is not needed when the code stands alone in the main web page. If I understand your point, the first <div> in my code is the first child of <body> when it is not loaded though an AJAX call. However, the first <div> in the code returned from the AJAX call is the first child not of the <body> element but of the <div> used as an insertion point, making the the f
  3. Thanks for your post Ingolme but, it really doesn't matter how experienced I am with javascript, when it can't be used to dynamically change the underlying css. As I understand it, only jquery can do that. Also, the javascript functions would also be affected if the AJAX request had not been completed. In any event, the only way that the main page can be loaded is if the AJAX call was completed, as the content comes from that call.
  4. I'm sure that there is probably a simple answer to my question but I haven't been able to find it. I have a php web site that I've built for a local community chorus. Its primary purpose is to provide access to mp3 rehearsal files. For this purpose, I built a html5 audio player that works well in IE11, Firefox, Chrome and Safari. In order to limit access to my sites coding, I'm using an axis call to another php file to gather data from an underlying SQL database to build and insert main page content. In this manner, a ctrl-u of the main page will not show the underlying code. During deve
  5. Thanks Ingolme! That not only solved the problem I was having but another related problem that I didn't even know I had. Thanks again!
  6. Moderator: That part of the code is working and unrelated to the AJAX call problem. I choose to protect that code with the "additional unrelated code that ..." statement at the end of my code snippet.
  7. function getXMLHttp(){ var xmlHttp; try { //Firefox, Opera 8.0+, Safari xmlHttp = new XMLHttpRequest(); } catch(e) { //Internet Explorer try { xmlHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); } catch(e) { try { xmlHttp = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); } catch(e) { alert("Your browser does not support AJAX!") return false; } } } return xmlHttp;}function populateEntries(menu, userName, entryRow){ var xmlHttp = getXMLHttp(); xmlHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { if ((xmlHttp.readyState == 4) && (xmlHttp.status == 200) && (xmlHttp.respons
  8. I have a text input tag in html from which I am trying to pass the data input into the tag as it is being typed in (see below). <INPUT TYPE="TEXT" STYLE="width:225px" ID="vData_RptrLName" NAME="vData_RptrLName" onkeyup="showHint(1, this.value)"> As you can see, I've added an onkeyup event within the input tag that calls a javascript function and passes the typed in information as an argument of "this.value." I'm actually trying to create an AXIS call using the letters input into the text field in a hint function similar to that provided in the W3Schools AXIS tutorial. My problem is th
  9. Posting a question in a forum is my method of last resort. Before I post, I will pour over reference materials for days trying to find the answer to my question. If I don't have the reference I need, I will go out and find one. Armed with this, I will spend days of trial and error in trying to make my code do just what I want it to. If that doesn't work, I'll go out onto the internet and do some research. This may lead me to a forum question that is similar to mine. On some occasions, these give me an idea that I spend days working with to try to make it fit my needs. Asking a question
  10. I haven't made many posts on these forums but the only answers I ever get are either snide remarks on my question or suggestions that I post elsewhere. Does anyone ever offer any real help? Bob
  11. L8V2L: Maybe I should post it to the Excel forum instead. Oh wait, there isn't any Excel forum. If you have no answer that will help, you can just move on and not reply. Bob
  12. I've created a php file that gathers data from my SQL tables and creates a multi-sheet Excel workbook file in XML. I started this process by creating the file as I wanted it to appear using MS Excel 2010 and saved it as a XML file. I then wrote my PHP code to dynamically create the MS Excel XML file. In internet Explorer 11, when this is done, the file opens as a MS Excel file. My problem is that it doesn't work in Firefox (Version 31.0). In Firefox, it prints out on the screen as an unformatted XML file with the following message above the screen - "This XML file does not appear to have
  • Create New...