how to allow white space eregi()

partha

Hai Friends,I want to get some input from user. It may be more than one word.In eregi(), i am not able to accept the white space.if (!eregi("^[(0-9a-z_)]+[(0-9a-z)]$", $name)){ echo ("Invalid");}I have tried, /s*, /s+ and many more. But, no use.I hope, friends can help me.Thanks and regards,T.R.Parthasarathy

I am using PHP. I have referred so many sites and i have tried it. But, i did not get the result.

In regular expressions, special characters are escaped with a back-slash (\) rather than a forward-slash (/).Have you tried "\s"?

Hi,Thanks,I am using PHP. I have used backslash, forward slash, and * + and so many.But, I did not any +ve results.Can u help me by sending correct code.Thanks and regards,T.R.Parthasarathy.

Hai Friends,I want to get some input from user. It may be more than one word.In eregi(), i am not able to accept the white space.if (!eregi("^[(0-9a-z_)]+[(0-9a-z)]$", $name)){ echo ("Invalid");}I have tried, /s*, /s+ and many more. But, no use.I hope, friends can help me.Thanks and regards,T.R.Parthasarathy