css selectors

primefalcon

I'm sorry to be such a noob here....but I'm just trying tog et to grips with cssfrom what i understand you can choose what selector you what which i did and it works in Firefox but not ie, since I'm new to it, I'm prob doing something really simple wrong, but I just cant work it out heres the css filedh{font-family:new times roman;font-weight:600;color:#00cc00;text-align:left;font-size:18pt;}rh{font-family:new times roman;font-weight: normal;color:#0000ff;text-align:left;font-size:14pt}rc{font-family:new times roman;font-style:italic;font-weight:normal;color:#0000ff;text-align: left;font-size:12pt}and heres how I am doing the body of the text<dh>heading</dh><br/><rh> sub heading </rh><br/><rc> body of text </rc>and as i said it works perfectly in firefox but not I.E.can someone tell me what stupid mistake I'm doing please

<h1>heading</h1><h2> sub heading </h2><div> body of text </div>

Now set your css to the h1, h2 and div tags similar to your posted css.

h1{font-family:new times roman;font-weight:600;color:#00cc00;text-align:left;font-size:18pt;}h2{font-family:new times roman;font-weight: normal;color:#0000ff;text-align:left;font-size:14pt}div{font-family:new times roman;font-style:italic;font-weight:normal;color:#0000ff;text-align: left;font-size:12pt}

thank you, I just thought you could create custom tags using the cssI've worked out this works though:B.rhead /* <b class="runeheader"> */{font-family:new times roman;font-weight: normal;color:#0000ff;text-align:left;font-size:14pt}B.rbody /* <b class="rbody"> */{font-family:new times roman;font-style:italic;font-weight:normal;color:#0000ff;text-align: left;font-size:12pt}B.shead /* <b class="rhead"> */{font-family:new times roman;font-weight: normal;color:#ffff00;text-align:left;font-size:14pt}and the body of text<b class="shead> hey </b>