How to change Readonly property in VB.Net

raviprakashg

Are you talking about a System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox or System.Windows.Forms.TextBox? You're only going to be able to change the font in a TextBox if it is a System.Windows.Forms.TextBox. HTML/CSS doesn't allow you to style <input type="text" /> controls so System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox.Font is a read-only property.

I would think that it should give you an error. It might compile, but you should at least get a runtime error.According to Microsoft, in Visual Basic, the Font property is ReadOnly and in C#, there is only a getter defined (no setter).EDIT: of course, I don't have any idea because all of my style stuff is taken care of in CSS rather than compiled code :) I would prefer changing the CssClass rather than playing with the Font:

txt.CssClass = "InputSelected"

Jesh I read that article you linked to. I think it is Font that is readonly. Font only has a getter but it's properties are settable....they even change some in the code below.
Interesting. Thanks for the clarification.Anyhow, like I said in my edit above, I typically set CssClass for an object in the compiled code rather than specific styles so that, if it came to it, I would simply have to change a CSS file rather than change some VB/C# and then completely rebuild (and/or republish) the entire website.

Interesting. Thanks for the clarification.Anyhow, like I said in my edit above, I typically set CssClass for an object in the compiled code rather than specific styles so that, if it came to it, I would simply have to change a CSS file rather than change some VB/C# and then completely rebuild (and/or republish) the entire website.
I agree that is the best method, leave it to MS to give you the option of bad programming.