new domain issue - generic search engine already there

zaniac

I only know some html and basic CSS and I admit I do not have the pages finalised yet, but as I've said before I have some automated search enine on a domain name I bought recently. I sent a message to my hosting company and today I got a reply message from them regarding the issue. The hosting company have replied saying that I need to get a script writer to resolve the issue and say they dont get involved in editing of the site. All I want to do is put a few basic HTML web pages up online, using a domain name I bought through them. This is just something that has stumped me somewhat and I dont know what to do next. Do I buy another domain name and hope I will have a blank canvas, which requires no script writer? Is it common to buy a domain name and have some generic search engine etc already on it? Wow, I guess I just really don't know what to do now :)

It sounds like a hoaxcks (how is that spelled?) to me. I would be especially sure of that if the search engine is theirs.The hosting company MUST provide you with means of uploading your content and assist you in uploading it. If you upload a single page and still see this search engine, then this means they've just collected money from you to pay the domain they or another investor is going to use.Worse yet, the domain might have been taken already by someone else and the register isn't register at all, but is just taking your money.Do you have any page upload in the hosting space?[edit]Thanks. Edited[/edit]

yeah..thats very unusual..the hosting company should assist you, especially if your a beginner. who did you buy the domain off and who is the hosting company?And boen - its spelt 'hoax' :)
Servage.net is the company I bought the domain through and who are hosting the domain. Should I just cut my losses and go with someone else?

dont cut the losses yet...find out exactly whats happening. If they're illegal then you can report them. But i wont go down that road just yet.Going back to boen's question - Do you have any pages uploaded in the hosting space?Have you got access for uploading? Like a control panel or an ftp account?

I belong to a gaming community that uses servage for their website. They seem to be ok. Maybe you just need to upload some pages and see what happens.

I belong to a gaming community that uses servage for their website. They seem to be ok. Maybe you just need to upload some pages and see what happens.
I uploaded an index.html file to my website domain and it does not appear. Instead it is some generic search engine thingy. Guys take a look for yourself:http://www.honeyz.com/index.htmlI just can't understand if that domain was available, how it is possible for something else to be already on there.

Did you get an e-mail confirming the purchase of the domain. Maybe contact their support or ask others who use it if they have a forum.

I uploaded an index.html file to my website domain and it does not appear. Instead it is some generic search engine thingy. Guys take a look for yourself:http://www.honeyz.com/index.htmlI just can't understand if that domain was available, how it is possible for something else to be already on there.
Look here http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=honeyz&tld=comthat domain was registered in 1998 and is payed for until 2012...you positive it was honeyz.com??? Did you get a confirmation email after purchasing the domain?