meta type

crazyanyz0an

hii m designing a web page using html,css,html n a little bit of java scripting. i want to add a search engine on my web page but i dont want to link it actully i want a code that'll able my visitors to search anything on my page. ya i know i used a simple tag coz i dont know how to do that if anybody can, plz tell me <font color="green" >Google</font><input type="text" name="name"><input type="submit" name="google" value="Go"> i have leant html but i still dontunderstand "meta type" n "applet" n "id selector" code. can anybody tell me how i use these code n what is the use of these code.

Meta tags on a page describe the page. In the general sense, "metadata" is any data that describes data. So, in this case, the data is the web page, and the meta tags describe something about the web page. They might say that the content of the page is text/html, that the character set is latin1, and things like search keywords, a description of the page, etc. So the meta tags are tags that describe something about the rest of the page.As far as search engines go, you will need to use more then HTML and Javascript. But I assume you know that if you are in the PHP forum. The main thing to consider with a search engine is how your site is set up. If you have your page content saved in a database, then it's easy to search through the database. If you just want to search through HTML files, then that takes a little more work.