table cells right border color

george

When I insert a

style="border-right: thin solid #006699;"

into each TD tag, I get what I want. But how can I get the same using CSS? I tried adding style to the TD tag using

td { border-right: thin solid #006699; }

But nothing happened. Help :)

You might try something like this:

<style type="text/css">table { border-style: solid; border-color: #006699; border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px; }td { border-style: solid; border-color: #006699; border-width: 1px 0px 0px 1px; }</style><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">  <tr><td>1</td><td>2</td><td>3</td></tr>  <tr><td>1</td><td>2</td><td>3</td></tr>  <tr><td>1</td><td>2</td><td>3</td></tr></table>

That puts a border on the top and left side of each table cell and a border on the right and bottom of the table itself.

I guess you can use { border: 1px solid #006699; }1 pixel is thin, like you want it :)
The "thin" and the "solid" and the color code all work just fine. The browser understands them, and gives me what I want when I use them in a style statement within the TD tag itself. BUt I want the same thing for all cells the page, and there are 180 of them. Thanks though. I sure do appreciate your reply.Thanks Jish. Works like a charm. But, now I have another problem. I have one css for the site. The css is linked to in the header.inc file, which is called for each page, but my style commands do not make it to all the pages. I am using PHP and server side includes for each page. So why won't my css go to all the pages? Someday I will learn all this! - George