forms | style for a form in a table

george

Is there any way to get rid of the boxes around text input type? I have my form in a table, and would prefer not have all thoes little boxes in each cell. Also, I have added style to a td tag, but it renders style to every table on the page, rather than just the one I want it to. I know if I put a style statement into every td tag in the table I want the style for, it will render as I want. But I have 180 cells. There must be a better way. Any ideas out there? TIA- George

You could give your table and id, then in your css:

table td {whatever you want;}

I'm not sure what you mean about the borders around input boxes. You kind of want those so the user knows where to type.You can change the type of border if that is what you want. IE may make things a bit tricky depending on what you want to do.If you use:

tabe input {border:1px solid #ccc;}

that will put a border around every part of the input. Just be aware of that. You may have to do it manually to each element. Otherwise you have to use Javascript.

Thanks

You kind of want those so the user knows where to type
I have two javascripts, one for on focus = cyan, the other for onblur = yellow. This works as a replacement for the text-box box and shows where the focus is for the user. I will try your suggestions today. Thanks