PHP on Mac?

MinusMyThoughts

I'm not sure why the online tutorials never seem to work for me, but they don't.Does anyone on this forum use a mac (I have OS X 10.4.8) and have PHP 5 installed and running?I just made the switch to mac for a company I'm working for, and I'm completely unfamiliar with things like Terminal and installing the source for things.I've had a mac for about 36 hours, so be gentle. I'm clueless.Thanks for your help and/or links to tutorials directly tailored to mac novices.-Jason

Hav you tried XAMPP, it works on Mac OS X.If you don't want a whole package I found this by googling on PHP on "Mac OS X", I haven't read it but it looks like it should be a good help..PHP on Mac OS XGood Luck and Don't Panic

Well i just bought a php/mysql book and the author is I think a bit in love with macs and every other screenshot is 'terminal'!He does kindly provide a mac install guide...he says go to www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/ and actually it has an installer..another listed site is www.server-logistics.comfinally he mentions http://wserverxkit.sourceforge.netHope that helps!