Nav bar works in IE but not in FF

SteveHoffmanUK

Using both IE and FF, please go to this page and hover your mouse over the navigation bar near the top of the page. You will see that it works in Internet Explorer but not in Firefox. The relevant code in my .css file is:

#navigation ul {position: absolute; top: 92pt;margin: 0px; /* Removes all margins */padding: 0px; /* Adjusts all padding */} #navigation ul li { display: inline;padding: 0px 20px 0px 20px;color: #FFFFFF;text-decoration: none;font-size: 83%;font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif; }#navigation ul li a {color: #FFFFFF;text-decoration: none;}#navigation ul li a:hover { /* on hover */color: #000000;}

Can anyone explain why this should work in one browser and not the other? :)

The problem stretches further than the navigation bar, it's the div with id "center770" that covers the navigation bar. If you move it around 140px downwards, the links are "uncovered" and clickable, but then your content is too far down, right?Well, I looked a bit but to me the whole code looks very messy, I'm having a hard time cleaning it up to find the problem. There are, for example, two opening table tags but only one closing tag. I suggest cleaning it up thoroughly, maybe use pixels (px) instead of points (pt) when you're positioning absolutely and so on. Maybe you'll find the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm a newbie at this HTML stuff, so am not surprised that you say the coding's messy. I will have a go at trying to clean it up = will change the pt to px and play around with the positioning of the div770 container and see if I can get the nav to work without making everything else look strange.Thanks again for your help!