CSS Opacity as Reading Asistance

dornad

Hello everybody:Here's the deal: I'm building a dynamic site, that usually report some info from a WebService.I'm trying to make the user focus on the pulled information, so I thought about using opacity to put enphasis on the information which will always show up in a DIV with class info_websrv.My approach according to CSS3 should be to declare body with an opacity of 0.X and info_websrv with opacity of 1. This should work, as opacity doesn't inherit. However the entire page ends up with the 0.X opacity.I already know about the -moz-opacity and the IE only filter:alpha(opacity=X00), but neither seem to work.I know this is possible, as I seen the effect (bancolombia.com)Plz helpDaniel Rodriguez

Hi!One easy way, that only works if you don't have a background that you want to shine through, is to not use opacity.Instead you set a lighter, grey, font-color for the site and then a darker color for the text you want to emphasise.One other way is ofcourse to avoid changing the font-color and instead using something else that makes that part stand out, such as a different background, a border or something like that. As it may harder to see a light colored text than an bolder/darker one,How to solve your exact problem, I don't now, Just make sure it's declared in the right order... ;?)