CSS..

Sleek

Hey guys i have a small CSS issue that is kind doin my head in lol, ok i was designing a lil template for a whois script and the "Start Search" button i can't seem to get in the right place on firefox, in IE works fine (Haven't tried other browsers).You can see what i mean here:http://i-flex.us/webtools/whois/index.php Firefox throws the button down to the left hand corner while it fits fine in IE:Here is the CSS:

/* CSS Document */body { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#333333; }a { color:#CC0000; text-decoration:none; }a:hover { color:#666666; text-decoration:underline; }#container { width:734px; margin:auto; }#header { height:60px; padding:7px; }#content { margin:auto; width:734px; }#footer { padding:4px 10px 2px 10px;  color:#666666; font-size:12px; }#lookup { background: url(../../images/acewhois-02.gif) no-repeat top left; position:relative; margin-bottom:10px; width:734px; height:80px; }#lookup h1 { position:absolute; top:12px; margin:0px; padding:0px; left:10px; font-size:14px; font-weight:bold; color:#7f7a7a; letter-spacing:-1px; background:none; }#search_for { width:553px; position:absolute; left:12px; bottom:12px; border:none; font-size:16px; padding:3px; }#go_search { position:absolute; width:142px; height:34px; right:10px; bottom:9px; background: transparent url(../../images/acewhois_button.gif); border:none; cursor:pointer;}#go_search:hover { background:url(../../images/acewhois_button_on.gif); }#result { clear:both; background: url(../../images/acewhois-03.gif) top no-repeat; padding-top:7px; }#result_content { border-left:1px solid #d2d2d2; border-right:1px solid #d2d2d2; padding:5px 10px 5px 10px; }#result_bottom { background:url(../../images/acewhois-04.gif) no-repeat top left; width:734px; height:10px; }h1 { color:#EC0034; text-transform:uppercase; background:url(../../images/acewhois_div.gif) bottom repeat-x; padding:0px 0px 3px 0px; margin:0px 0px 5px 0px; font-size:12px; }.smalltext{	font-size:10px;}

It seems to be this line thats causing the problem:

#go_search { position:absolute; width:142px; height:34px; right:10px; bottom:9px; background: transparent

Thanks in advance

instead of using absolute poistioning just float the button left of the search text boxmaybe just something like:

#go_search { float: left; width:142px; height:34px; backgro etc etc }

you will also have to float the previous text box

Thanks for the replyBut it still doesn't place the button correctly, when i don't wrap the main page skin around it the button works fine in both FF and IE but when i wrap the main skin around it thats when it messes up in FF. still looking for an answer lol