font-size method

veralee

Thanks. Does x-small, large, etc count as %? I mean, is that some kind of abbreviated percent or do I need to actually use a number and the % sign?
Hi there,It is best to use relative font sizing so avoid pixels unless you want your fonts to stay the same size regardless of user preference. I would recommend em's as a good relative size. em's basically means that you are specifying the font size compared to the capital M of your chosen font. 1.5 em meaning that you want your font size 50% larger than the standard capital M.you can also use ex's if you prefer, this means that you are sizing your text compared with a lower case "x" from your chosen font-family.Pixel size is supposed to be absolute, which means that if a user wanted to increase fontsizes using the browser then your text would not change. This is bad from an accessability point of view as a person browsing your site should be able to change the default text size if they wish to.However, these days Firefox and Netscape still change your px test sizes, much to my annoyance.The choice I guess, is yours!JustinMaster CIW Designer