Colour

Quinnie11

In the style sheet for my site I use the colour #404040 but when I put 40,40,40 rgb value into paintshop pro the colours dont match. Any ideas?Sorted it now just put #404040 into the html code bit of paintshop pro's pallette. Turns out the colours actually 64,64,64.

In the style sheet for my site I use the colour #404040 but when I put 40,40,40 rgb value into paintshop pro the colours dont match. Any ideas?Sorted it now just put #404040 into the html code bit of paintshop pro's pallette. Turns out the colours actually 64,64,64.
As you have found out, RGB values and hash values are definately not the same. You should use one or the other, preferably do not mix, just save confusion.You can actually use RGB, hash or %age values.Best wishesJustin

Just to throw in some more information - the "hash" code is in hexadecimal (values ranging from 00 to FF) whereas the RGB values are in decimal (values ranging from 0 to 255). They use different numerical systems.Check out the wikipedia article if you're interested: http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal