javascript and PHP

traxion

hey alli got a script of javascript

function sum() {        for (var col=0; col<numberOfCols; col++) {          var total = sumCol(col);          var totalCell = document.getElementById("total"+col);          if (totalCell != null) {            // Hier kun je de stijl van de totalen aanpassen           document.write(total)		    if (total == <?php echo $a_uren[$z]; $z++?>) 			{			totalCell.innerHTML = "<SPAN STYLE='background-color:  #FF0000;'>"+total+"</SPAN>";			}			else			{			totalCell.innerHTML = "<SPAN STYLE='background-color: : #000FFF;'>"+total+"</SPAN>";			}	          }        }      } 

i got the php array with some numbers 5 5 5 4.5 4.5 5 5 5 5 5 5 <= from my databaseand total is also made of some numbers 5 5 5 4.5 4.5 5 5 5 5 5 5 <= these numbers come from document.write(total)as u can see the numbers are the same but the code give @ both of the 4.5 's that it is incorrect.. i dont use javascript much so i think i made a mistake somewhere but where?i got a new problemi put the text in a cell of a table if the stament is correct or not that must change the background of the complete cell and not just only the background of the text

i found i script on the web for my planning.i got a php array to a javascript array ut i dont get it in the ifstatmentCode:myarray = new Object(); myarray[1] = 5; myarray[2] = 5; myarray[3] = 5; myarray[4] = 4.5; myarray[5] = 5; myarray[6] = 4.5; myarray[7] = 5; myarray[8] = 5; myarray[9] = 5; myarray[10] = 5; myarray[11] = 6.5;obove is the arrayand i was hoping to read it out like this. the second statment is to check is the array works it does..Code: if (var i = 1 ;total == myarray[$i]; var i++) or if (total == myarray[5]) { totalCell.innerHTML = "<SPAN class='gelijk'> "+total+" </SPAN>"; } else { totalCell.innerHTML = "<SPAN class='ongelijk'> "+total+" </SPAN>"; }now i need to have the myarray [ variable ] so i can check the valuas but i cant make it varible plz help

First, for changing the background color of the entire cell rather than just the span, you can do something like this:

// rather than:// totalCell.innerHTML = "<SPAN STYLE='background-color: #FF0000;'>"+total+"</SPAN>";// try this:totalCell.style.backgroundColor = "#ff0000";totalCell.innerHTML = total;

As for the other problem, I'm not entirely certain what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to loop through an array to add up all the elements to come up with a total? If so, try this:

var total = 0;for(var i = 0; i < myarray.length; i++){	total += myarray[i];}