em versus px for resizing images

gawain

Hi everybody.I'm trying to use em with images because they allow resizing with Iexplorer, whereas px do not. (But it seems that Iexplorer 7 now allows the resizing of images set in pixels as well. Am I right?). I've chosen a picture and used it twice in the same html page, first time using pixel, and then using em (I've resorted to "em calculator" to convert from pixels to em). Well, the size is the same, but the quality of the image is much better in pixels than in em. :) If it is so, what's the point in using em instead of pixels?Thanks to anybody who can help me in this

I try never to resize images. The quality is very bad when it's resized. Why not make 2 images? 1 small and 1 bigger. This way both can have great quality and it saves on bandwidth and load times.

I try never to resize images. The quality is very bad when it's resized. Why not make 2 images? 1 small and 1 bigger. This way both can have great quality and it saves on bandwidth and load times.
Sorry. I gues I didn't explain myself clearly: when I talk about resizing, I mean that a user may shrink or enlarge the viewport, so If the image is in pixel, it doesn't change its size at all, if it's in em ... well it's scalable. The point is that an em image of the same size of a pixel one is of poorer quality.Do you reckon it?