need help in rdirecting to another page

piyus168

hi alli am new to phpi want to make a page that can transfer me to another page using some conditioni have created one textbox named id on page test1.phpand if i enter 1 in that then i should be on page test2.php otherwise on test1.phphere is my code //------------------------------------------------ $id = $_POST['id']; if ($id == 1) { header("Location : test2.php"); } else { header("Location : test1.php"); }//-----------------------------------------------if i use this i got te error : "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\wamp\www\test\test2.php:7) in c:\wamp\www\test\test2.php" !if there is any other alternative to do this... which function can i use for this application plz help me...

You can only send headers and cookies before any other information is sent to the browser. I trust that is not your full code. If you want to redirect with the PHP header() funtion you have to do it before ANYTHING else is sent. This includes whitespace.