very simple question but i can't find the answer

roondog

I have just downloaded WAMP5 so that I can start to learn PHP. I went throught the first tutorial to write hello world saved it where WAMP5 told me too but how do I then view this in a browser? I know there is something very simple I am not doing but can't find the answer to it anywhere.

Wahey it all works i was just being stupid all I had to do was click on the wamp icon. (how obvious was that!!) Now I have to learn some php to use with it. I was going to go through the w3schools tutorials then try to develop a news page that readers can comment on. Is this a good plan? Are there more simple things to do as a first project?

Well, there's more simpler things (from "Hello World" to an calculator..).But make a news script is quit simple, but you will also learn more on that, than what you would with a simpler project.A news script is a good place to start, you get both integration with db/MySQL; getting and inserting data, displaying it in different "levels" ( a front page with headlines that links to the full text) and so on.

Thanks Mr_CHISOL I think you might become my new best friend over the next few months. I don't suppose you know of any good tutorials for a new script before i go off googling.