CSS problem in IE please help!

fluentdesigns

Hey guys this is my first post here and of course its because I have a problem with my site. Im really new with CSS and designed a site that looks awesome in Firefox but in IE it is jumbled all around. The front page for the most part is good but sub pages and blog pages are not. From what I was told I have some bad codes in my css file or something. If you could take a look at my site and help me fix this that would be great! I am willing to help pay for your troubles as well. thanks alot!

Hi fluentdesigns,the problem here is that IE is rendering something in one of the columns with some extra width which is pushing the div rightColumn down the page.you might try adding to your css:* {margin: 0; padding: 0;}or trying to find what specific thing is causing the extra width in IEalternatively you could add a conditional comment in the head of your document to load a different style sheet for IE like so:<!--[if lt IE 7]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="IEstylesheet.css" /><![endif]-->then in IEstylesheet.css make the div "main" wider, something like#main { width: 900px; }

I did notice this was in the header file...<!--[if lt IE 7]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_directory'); ?>/ie.css" media="screen"/><![endif]-->and here is what is in the ie.cssbody{width:expression(document.documentElement.clientWidth < 748 ? "748px" : "auto");}Do you think I need to set it so IE 6 users use this style sheet as well? And maybe change the css a little?

Do you think I need to set it so IE 6 users use this style sheet as well? And maybe change the css a little?
the "lt" in <!--[if lt IE 7]> means versions below. so IE6 would be included in thattry increasing the width of the div "main" in the IE stylesheet which in your code i can see is located here: http://www.sidexsideaction.com/wp-content/...es/sidex/ie.cssyou could add to that file:#main { width: 900px;} or whatever width is large enough to fit both floated columns

Well after looking through the site I noticed that it didnt like my comments that I had in there. I was commenting out the part that was showing up on IE. So i removed that and all is well now. Thanks alot guys! I appreciate it!One question. Since im a mac is there a way I can use IE for testing? Or do i need to install Parallels?