Need some help with MYSQL

ggp

Hi.I am creatting my tables using the phpMyAdmin wish come with the hosting company.at the time I create a table I get the options:CollationAttributesStorage EngineI don't know what to get there. Can this options stay blank? .when I created tables on the MYSQL command line I did not use any of this ones.Thank you for your help.

Hi.I am creatting my tables using the phpMyAdmin wish come with the hosting company.at the time I create a table I get the options:CollationAttributesStorage EngineI don't know what to get there. Can this options stay blank? .when I created tables on the MYSQL command line I did not use any of this ones.Thank you for your help.
And what about Storage engine? MyISAM/MEMORY/InnoDB etc.Wish one is the best?Thank you so much.

It depends what you are using it for, the different engines are optimized for different situations. If there was 1 that was best, then there wouldn't need to be a choice. MyISAM and InnoDB are both pretty good general-purpose engines. Read this for a description of them:http://builder.com.com/5100-6388-1058872.html