JavaScript Font Change

Nim199

I have a website that I need the font color to change to blue form red when the text is hovered over. I am using the <p> tag. I am assuming this can be done in JS.Thanks for reading!

HTML

<p id="changeThis">Some text</p>

JS

var para = document.getElementById('changeThis');para.onmouseover = function(){this.style.color = "blue"}para.onmouseout = function(){this.style.color = "red"}

This didn't work.

Seems to be working fine. try this code...

<html><head><title></title><script type="text/javascript"></script></head><body><form name="qtn1" onload="test()"><p id="changeThis" style="color:red;">Thanks for reading! </p><script>var para = document.getElementById('changeThis');para.onmouseover = function(){this.style.color = "blue"}para.onmouseout = function(){this.style.color = "red"}</script></form></body></html>

Guest FirefoxRocks

You don't need JavaScript for this. Use Pseudo-classes in CSS instead.

<style type="text/css">p.para {color:#00f}p.para:hover {color:#f00}</style>

Put that in your <head> section and your paragraphs should be:

<p class="para">

It should work properly in today's browsers.

I have tryed using CSS in numerous ways, but not this, So I will just check (even though I am using IE). THANKS EVERYONE!

I'll try them all!

I am useing IE 7.0, but it doesn't work.Sorry to cause this trouble.

Is there a way I could have a useless <a> because they are easy to format, to work instead? I have tryed a couple of things, but they don't like me.

Try this if you are using <a>

<html><head><title></title><style type="text/css">a.txt {  color:red;  text-decoration:none;}a.txt:hover {  color:blue;  text-decoration:none;}</style></head><body><form name="frm1"><a href="java script:void(0);" class="txt">Thanks for reading!</a></form></body></html>

Thanks guys, the only problem is that when I click on the text it goes to "webaddress/void:(0)". I have tryed having the href as "" but that opens the website folder quite understantably. If I make it "#" it opens the page again, but that is not what I would prefrobly like.If there is a sulution to this, than I will be very gratfull for it. Once again, thanks!

If there is a sulution to this, than I will be very gratfull for it. Once again, thanks!
If javascript is enabled in the browser, this'll work:
<a href="#" onclick="return false;">Clicking on this does nothing.</a>

To make it even simpler.... try this.<p style="color:red;" onmouseover="java script:this.style.color='blue';" onmouseout="java script:this.style.color='red';" >Thanks for reading! </p>
The problem which makes this NOT work is the "java script:" in the beginning of the onmouseover event. Either type it "java script:" (in one word, but this forum automatically splits the word in two) or completely remove that part as below, and this works in both Firefox and IE to me:
<p onmouseover="this.style.color='blue'" onmouseout="this.style.color='red'" style="color: red;">Testing</p>

Thanks Patrick, I will see if that works when I have abit more time.And thnks to everyone else.

Yay!It worked perfectly, except, can I use the RGB colour tool? It needs to be exact.Thanks To Everyone Who Has Replied

• 1 month later...

My thanks to:~Patrick~jesh~pulpfiction~aspnetguyand~FirefoxRocks