Simple HTML Layout problem.

nadavvin

I want to do two layouts which placed in the same row.I don't want to use in absolute or float:

<!DOCTYPE htmlPUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"><html><head>	<title>test</title>	<style>	body {	direction:rtl;	width:700px;	display:block;	}	#a	{		width:100%;		height:30px;		background-color:#ff0000;	}	#b	{ 		width:25%; 		margin-left:75%; 		height:50px; 		background-color:#00ff00;	}	#c	{		width:25%;		margin-right:75%;		height:50px;		background-color:#0000ff;	}	</style></head><body>	<div id="a">	</div>	<div id="b">	</div>	<div id="c">	</div></body></html>

How do I do it?

maybe its just me, but i dont understand what your after.If you want 2 coloumns side by side, that are divs, then your going to have to use floats if you want a fluid design. i.e - it shrinks and grows in accordance of the users browsers dimensions.Your css doesn't make much sense in terms of a design point of view. You have all 3 divs over lapping each other in some way or another.. :)

But is this what you really want? Columns on each side and a div in the middle?

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"><html><head>	<title>test</title>	<style type="text/css" > <!-- notice this? required for xhtml strict as per your Doctype -->	body {	direction: rtl;	width:700px;	display:block;	}	#a	{		width:100%;		height:30px;		background-color:#ff0000;	}	#b	{		width: 25%;		height:50px;		background-color:#00ff00;		float:left;	}	#d	{	width: 50%;	height:50px;	background-color:#00ffff;	float:left;	}	#c	{		width:25%;		float:left;		height:50px;		background-color:#0000ff;	}	</style></head><body>	<div id="a">	</div>	<div id="b">	</div>	<div id="d">	</div>	<div id="c">	</div></body></html>

And neither Firefox nor Opera, two very standards compliant Browsers, will respect the 700px width. Because the columns are a percentage width, they will use the screen width to calculate the width of the columns. If you don't want the flexible design that offers, simply state a width in pixels on everything. There are advantages both ways. depends on what you want the site to look and behave like. Try both.