Iframe, Link to other iframe?

Reknot

Okay, I am going to try to make you understand. I want to link, from an iframe on one of sub-html (not index.html) to an other iframe on my index.html... Is there any way possible? Check my page out : http://reknot.no-ip.info:82/ In the "filmer" - "olsson" part. If you click a movie you will see it underneath the thumbnail. But i want it to be shown in the Scroll window, in upper left corner. any sugestions ?

I think I know what you mean, but I can't help, because the link does not work.It may be my browser, or it may be the link itself.To confirm, you would like an iframe, that will show another iframe, but one at a different web address.

If that is so, then try something like this:<iframe href="http://www.address.com.framename>It is a guess, but I am thinking on the lines that to view a Style Sheet, you simple find its name and stick it after the ~ .com/co.uk etc ~ bit.Good Luck!

So change the content of the page without switching the page in the browser? Is that what you're going for. There's two ways of doing this that I know of.1)Frames: Frames are sort of outdated I guess. I wouldn't personally use them, they can be very bug prone, and I've never gotten them to work the way I want. They also aren't very trustworthy in my experience.2)AJAX: I'd definately look into doing it via AJAX/JavaScript. I know this is possible, I've seen it done on sites. However, I don't have a clue how (I tried once and failed miserably). But if you don't have much Java Script knowledge, you could try frames.

Yeah, sorry fro the server thats been down. Its been refrmated and loded with some more Ram memory. should be up again. Both you you kinda... has wrong *-)

So change the content of the page without switching the page in the browser? Is that what you're going for. There's two ways of doing this that I know of.1)Frames: Frames are sort of outdated I guess. I wouldn't personally use them, they can be very bug prone, and I've never gotten them to work the way I want. They also aren't very trustworthy in my experience.2)AJAX: I'd definately look into doing it via AJAX/JavaScript. I know this is possible, I've seen it done on sites. However, I don't have a clue how (I tried once and failed miserably). But if you don't have much Java Script knowledge, you could try frames.
Yes, with frames, you simple use this:- href="http://www.websitename.com/framename.html" -I tryed this with my dads website, and it worked fine with frames, because all you are doing is displaying an HTML document, but I am not sure about iframes.JS sounds like a good idea. I couldn't give you the code, but you could try 'redirecting' the iframe (if it is possible)

...So I sat at school. thinking about my problem and figured; Ive been explaining the wrong thing. I want to change another Iframe from another Iframe in Index file. :) simple as that. I know how frames work, but i need to do like jump out of the I frame and then into another :)

Hmm. This may work for your situation.If you had the following HTML:

<body>  <iframe id="frame1"></iframe>  <iframe id="frame2"></iframe></body>

And you wanted to have a link in frame1 open up in frame2, you could code the link something like this:

<a href="link.html" onclick="window.parent.document.getElementById('frame2').src = this.href; return false;">Link</a>

Hmm. This may work for your situation.If you had the following HTML:
<body>  <iframe id="frame1"></iframe>  <iframe id="frame2"></iframe></body>

And you wanted to have a link in frame1 open up in frame2, you could code the link something like this:

<a href="link.html" onclick="window.parent.document.getElementById('frame2').src = this.href; return false;">Link</a>

Worked Beautifully ! thanks a thousand =)