Creating a website that users can submit messages

music_lp90

Hi,I'm creating a website for a Church and they would like to be able to allow people to submit prayer requests. One oviously easy way is to use e-mail, but I would like to use a form instead if its not too difficult. I've made forms before in HTML, but they sent the information using e-mail, which I don't really like because a lot of people don't have outlook set up for their e-mail accounts and it usually tries to send the message using outlook. I've just begun learning php. From what I understand, I can create a form in html and link it to a php page that takes the data they entered by using the php $_POST variables and sends it into a mySQL database. I think I understand how to get this far, but I've never used mySQL, so I don't understand how to retrieve the requests that have been submitted. Can someone first tell me if using php and mySQL is a sensible way to create the submit a prayer request feature and second can you tell me how someone can retrieve the requests that have been submitted? It would be nice to be able to retrieve requests according to the date they were submitted.Thanks, I don't want to make it too difficult for those working on maintainging the site to check the requests, but I do want to make it as easy for people to submit requests as possible. If there is a different direction I should go to do this, please let me know.

Thanks, I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong forum. I'm fairly new to coding and I wasn't certain whether to post it in the php forum since I wasn't certain if php was the best way to go or if there was some other web standard that people used for submitting messages.