Validation and utf-8

nicarcola

When I validate a page from my site i get the following message. I need encoding utf-8. But how do I realize that or how do I influence the HTTP header??The character encoding specified in the HTTP header (iso-8859-1) is different from the value in the <meta> element (utf-8). I will use the value from the HTTP header (iso-8859-1) for this validation.

Are you saying that the page is sending two different encodings? Tried changing the <meta> element?

I am not saying anything. This text (The character encoding specified in the HTTP header (iso-8859-1) is different from the value in the <meta> element (utf-8). I will use the value from the HTTP header (iso-8859-1) for this validation) comes from the validator.This is the page I validated: http://www.test01.evaco.nl/Huizenruilen/testutf8.php (XHTML)

You can use the header function to specify another encoding in the HTTP header, like this:

<?phpheader('Content-type: text/html;charset=utf-8');?>

or you can select the meta element somehow and change it's value to conform with the HTTP header. I didn't exactly understood which one of the two you wanted to use, but anyhow, you should have a single encoding everywhere.