How to submit the file automatically

joecool2005

Hi,Is it possible to submit the file automatically?This how I do manually.-------------------------------------------------------------------<form name="oForm" action="/scripts/cpshost.dll?PUBLISH?<%=Application("PostingAcceptorUploadServerLocation")%>/scripts/charles/addTask.asp" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post"><input type="file" name="oFile1" size="20"><input type="hidden" name="TargetURL" value="<%=Application("FileAttachments")%>/charles/"><p align="center"><input type="submit" value="Upload File"></p></form>-------------------------------------------------------------------Now I need to do automatically. As soon as the user go the page, the file should be submitted.So I need to assign a value to <input type="file" name="oFile1" size="20">. I don't know how.Thx

you can post the page using a onload function<body onload="oForm.submit()">you can tell check if the page is being posted or notif (Request.ServerVariables("Request_Method") == "POST") {}But I don't think you can write to the value of the input type=file. This would work for any other control

<%var sFilename = "MyFile"%><%	if (Request.ServerVariables("Request_Method") == "POST")	{		%><input type="text" value="<%=sFilename%>" name="oFile1" size="20" /><%	}%>

I use this to automatically attempt to upload the file as soon as the user selects a file from his/her filesystem:

<form id="theForm" enctype="multipart/form-data"><input type="file" id="theFile" onchange="document.getElementById('theForm').submit();" /></form>

here is the entire page as I mocked up

<%@language=javascript%><%var sFilename = "MyFile"%><body onload="oForm.submit()"><form name="oForm" action="/scripts/cpshost.dll?PUBLISH?<%=Application("PostingAcceptorUploadServerLocation")%>/scripts/charles/addTask.asp" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post"><%	if (Request.ServerVariables("Request_Method") == "POST")	{		%><input type="text" value="<%=sFilename%>" name="oFile1" size="20" /><%	}%><input type="hidden" name="TargetURL" value="<%=Application("FileAttachments")%>/charles/"><p align="center"><input type="submit" value="Upload File"></p></form></body>

I never tested it. It was mocked up to show you 1. How to auto post the page back ( Is it possible to submit the file automatically?)2. How to determine if the page was posted 3. How to set a value when the page was posted back (I need to assign a value to <input type="file" name="oFile1" size="20">. )You cannot set the input type=file to a value. That was told to you by me as well as another user in another forum. I simply showed how to fill a value for an input field (other than the file type)

Just to answer the original question without bringing up alternatives..

Is it possible to submit the file automatically?
No, it's not. It would be a major security threat if that were possible. Browsers specifically make it not possible to auto-fill a value for input type="file".