$_COOKIE Probems!!

shah_ankitb

I am setting the value of cokkies for 10 seconds after that i will remove it for 5 seconds.As per below code.cookie.php

<?php setcookie("user", "Alex", time()+5);echo $_COOKIE["user"];// A way to view all cookiessetcookie("user", "Alex", time()-5);?><html><body></body></html>

When I run this code in IE 6.0, then as per the rule i got the entry in my OS Drives ex. path sayC:\Documents and Settings\pc_no\Cookies\file_name.txt So my Question Is When I set the cookie after that exactly i am removing that.So as per i think the Entry of C drives Cookies Folder would be deleted, But it Should'nt.I would like to also know how to unset / expire the cookie with example if possible. I am also go through to the w3school's Set Cookie. But I Couln't Get It. Can Anybody Explain me Exact meaning of Deleting A Cookie.

You can essentially do one thing on a cookie per page. Set the cookie on one page, view the cookie on another page, and delete it on a third page. Since cookies are sent in the request and response headers, you will not have access to a cookie that you set on the same page.

Archived