File upload problem

roll_or_die

I was told to use the chmod function to allow my script permission to write the file to the server, here is the script I have at the moment:

<?phpinclude "conn.php";						//rename file			$res=(mysql_query("SELECT num FROM num"));			$num=mysql_result($res, 0);			$num++;						$target=$target.$num.'.jpg';			chmod($target, 0777); $res=mysql_query("UPDATE num SET num = $num");						//check dimensions and filetype, 200px and jpg			$tmpname=$_FILES['file']['tmp_name'];			$size=getimagesize($tmpname);						$filetype=$size[2];			if($filetype!=2)				{					echo "<b>ERROR: All images must be a .jpg</b>";				}									//transfer file and insert into databases				elseif(move_uploaded_file($_FILES['file']['tmp_name'], $target))				{					$name=$num;					//mysql_query("INSERT INTO pics(name) VALUES('$name')");										$select=$_POST['select'];					$pic=$_POST['pic'];										$res=mysql_query("UPDATE gallery SET $pic='$name' WHERE name = '$select'");					if(!$res)						{							echo '<p>'.mysql_error();						}					echo 'Image '.$name.'.jpg uploaded to '.$select.' '.$pic;				}						else				{					echo 'error';				}							?>

But what happens now, is that instead of receiving the error message in the else statement, i receive the other message [as if it was a success]. but it doesnt name the file, insert anything into the database or even transfer the file. here is the message I am presented with:

Image .jpg uploaded to Gallery1 pic1
Does anyone know how i can fix it?Thanks.

Hi...before chmod first check whatever filename come into $targetthat is exist on server or not..?if yes then go 4 the next step..and debug ur code line by line i.e check and dump $size array what u r getting..?Regards,Vijay

Archived