OMG Version 2

Kovo

Ok, same site, another issue. In IE5+ once you click on a link ona page and go back to revisit that page, the link is now placed on a new line..... try it out, let me knw if u see it happen, ive tried it on 4 different pcs and same issue. Try the blog page as well.http://www.kovo.cahappens in opera too

You can see it on all the links on the blog page.What the heck are you doing with your site that apparently no one else is to make these things happen? How are you loading the content, are you using AJAX for that? Here's all the CSS that would affect the links:

html {	width: 100%;	height: 100%;	margin: 0px;	padding: 0px;	font-family: Verdana;	font-size: 10pt;	line-height: 1.2;	background-color: #333333;	min-width: 100%;	min-height: 100%;}body {	background-image: url(../images/kovo7_02.gif);	background-repeat: repeat-x;	background-position: top left;	width: 100%;	height: 100%;	margin: 0px;	padding: 0px;		min-width: 100%;	min-height: 100%;	}#container {	background-image: url(../images/kovo7_06.gif);	background-repeat: no-repeat;	background-position: top center;	width: 662px;	height: 497px;	min-height: 662px;	min-width: 497px;		margin: 0px;	padding: 0px;		text-align: left;	}#content {	width: 478px;	max-width: 478px;	padding: 0px;	margin: 0px;	position: relative;	top: 10px;	float: left;	left: 25px;}#text {	text-align: justify;	width: 456px;	color: #c4c4c4;	font-family: Verdana;	font-size: 9pt;	line-height: 1.3;}a:link {	color: #838383;	font-family: Verdana;	text-decoration: underline;	font-weight: normal;	letter-spacing: normal;}a:visited {	color: #838383;	font-family: Verdana;	text-decoration: underline;	font-weight: normal;	letter-spacing: normal;	}a:hover {	color: #c4c4c4;}

Since it happens after you click a link, it's probably the a:visited class. Try adding justify alignment there, or it may be some combination of line height, letter spacing, or something like that.

I use ajax to load the content. I dont understand what you mean by what I am doing..... For me everything looks ok....

It was a joke, you seem to have problems with your site that other people don't have, I wasn't trying to imply you're any less capable though. Experiment with the visited class though, I'm sure the problem is somewhere in there (there isn't much there), and it's probably fairly subtle. It's not a bug though, because it happens across browsers, but something is messing the visited link text up. I would suspect the justified alignment combined with something like line height or letter spacing. Try left-aligning everything and see if it still happens, if so then figure out what you need to tweak. Maybe the visited class should not include the letter spacing or something like that. You might not even need a visited class, it is the same as the link class.

It was a joke, you seem to have problems with your site that other people don't have, I wasn't trying to imply you're any less capable though. Experiment with the visited class though, I'm sure the problem is somewhere in there (there isn't much there), and it's probably fairly subtle. It's not a bug though, because it happens across browsers, but something is messing the visited link text up. I would suspect the justified alignment combined with something like line height or letter spacing. Try left-aligning everything and see if it still happens, if so then figure out what you need to tweak. Maybe the visited class should not include the letter spacing or something like that. You might not even need a visited class, it is the same as the link class.
LOL coool, thats what I thought :) I didnt take it offensively neway I removed the letter spacing calls and I think it works now... could u confirm? Thanks

Yeah it looks fine to me, apparently justified text and letter spacing don't play well together. I guess that makes sense, justified text has automatic letter spacing. I like your design skills though, but one thing you should do is reformat the comment form on the bottom. At least put a space between the label and the field, but I like using floats to line everything up:

<div id="CommentForm">  <form id="NewComment" action="http://www.kovo.ca/blog/index.php" method="post">  <fieldset>	<legend>Add comment</legend>		  <div style="float: left; width: 100px; text-align: right;"><label for="commentTopic">Topic</label></div>	  <div style="float: left; clear: right;"><input type="text" name="commentTopic" id="commentTopic" value="" /></div>	  <div style="float: left; width: 100px; text-align: right;"><label for="commentText">Text</label></div>	  <div style="float: left; clear: right;"><textarea rows="10" cols="30" name="commentText" id="commentText"></textarea></div>	  <div style="float: left; width: 100px; text-align: right;"><label for="userName">Your name</label></div>	  <div style="float: left; clear: right;"><input type="text" name="userName" id="userName" value="" /></div>	  <div style="float: left; width: 100px; text-align: right;"><label for="userEmail">Email</label></div>	  <div style="float: left; clear: right;"><input type="text" name="userEmail" id="userEmail" value="" /></div>	  <div style="float: left; width: 100px; text-align: right;"><label for="userUrl">Web</label></div>	  <div style="float: left; clear: right;"><input type="text" name="userUrl" id="userUrl" value="" /></div>	  <div style="float: left; width: 100px;"> </div>	  <div style="float: left; clear: right;">		<div id="Submit">		  <input id="Add" type="submit" value="Send" name="Add" />		  <input type="hidden" name="op" value="AddComment" />		  <input type="hidden" name="articleId" value="18" />		  <input type="hidden" name="blogId" value="1" />		  <input type="hidden" name="parentId" value="" />		</div>	  </div>  </fieldset>  </form></div>

Yeah it looks fine to me, apparently justified text and letter spacing don't play well together. I guess that makes sense, justified text has automatic letter spacing. I like your design skills though, but one thing you should do is reformat the comment form on the bottom. At least put a space between the label and the field, but I like using floats to line everything up:
<div id="CommentForm">  <form id="NewComment" action="http://www.kovo.ca/blog/index.php" method="post">  <fieldset>	<legend>Add comment</legend>		  <div style="float: left; width: 100px; text-align: right;"><label for="commentTopic">Topic</label></div>	  <div style="float: left; clear: right;"><input type="text" name="commentTopic" id="commentTopic" value="" /></div>	  <div style="float: left; width: 100px; text-align: right;"><label for="commentText">Text</label></div>	  <div style="float: left; clear: right;"><textarea rows="10" cols="30" name="commentText" id="commentText"></textarea></div>	  <div style="float: left; width: 100px; text-align: right;"><label for="userName">Your name</label></div>	  <div style="float: left; clear: right;"><input type="text" name="userName" id="userName" value="" /></div>	  <div style="float: left; width: 100px; text-align: right;"><label for="userEmail">Email</label></div>	  <div style="float: left; clear: right;"><input type="text" name="userEmail" id="userEmail" value="" /></div>	  <div style="float: left; width: 100px; text-align: right;"><label for="userUrl">Web</label></div>	  <div style="float: left; clear: right;"><input type="text" name="userUrl" id="userUrl" value="" /></div>	  <div style="float: left; width: 100px;"> </div>	  <div style="float: left; clear: right;">		<div id="Submit">		  <input id="Add" type="submit" value="Send" name="Add" />		  <input type="hidden" name="op" value="AddComment" />		  <input type="hidden" name="articleId" value="18" />		  <input type="hidden" name="blogId" value="1" />		  <input type="hidden" name="parentId" value="" />		</div>	  </div>  </fieldset>  </form></div>

Thanks. Yea, Ive seen it. The blog code is re-used from previous designs, I already fixed it up a lot believe it or not lol. I got a few more thjings to do. Thanks though.Actually, I recently finished this site www.kevmedia.caWas such a headache. What do you think? thanks for ur help btw.

Archived