GD 2 Image Problems

PHPJack77

I've been working with the GD 2 library for a couple of days now and keep running into problem after problem.First of all, on my test server, I am able to view the code below, however when I move it to my server, the text does not appear. I checked my server settings with gd_info() and my server fully supports GD 2. I also made sure that the gd .dll file was not commented out in the php.ini.Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be.Here is the code:

<?php// Set the content-typeheader("Content-type: image/png");// Create the image$im = imagecreatetruecolor(400, 30);	#Image width / Image height// Create some colors$white = imagecolorallocate($im, 255, 255, 255);$grey = imagecolorallocate($im, 128, 128, 128);$black = imagecolorallocate($im, 0, 0, 0);imagefilledrectangle($im, 0, 0, 399, 29, $white);// The text to draw$text = 'This is only partially working!';// Font to use$font = 'font.ttf';// Add some shadow to the textimagettftext($im, 20, 0, 11, 21, $grey, $font, $text);// Add the textimagettftext($im, 20, 0, 10, 20, $black, $font, $text);// Using imagepng() results in clearer text compared with imagejpeg()imagepng($im);imagedestroy($im);?>

I think the problem lies with the font, make sure the font can be used on the server (that GD can find it and that it's readeble for the "serveruser" [www-data or something like that]). Also make shure that the file isn't currupted. If the font files is placed in a dir that can be reached "from the web" (somewhere under the serverroot etc), try to open it in your browser (http://server/font.ttf or something..), see if you get any error messages etc.

Archived