Is php the right server side language?

MarcP

Good evening all How can I prepare some software that I wrote to be opened from my server? I've uploaded the software to my website and when someone clicks on the link a download box appears and asks where to save the file. I'm trying to figure out a way to have the application "run" from the server and NOT give the option to download. I'm considering researching the server side language php (which my server supports) and trying the fopen() command. Am I on the right track. please helpMarc :)

What is the nature of the software you want to run, is it a compiled application? Is it a desktop application? Does it output HTML? You can set up a webserver to execute programs instead of download them and display the output, but that would require that the application outputs HTML if it's going to be usable by someone with a browser. What are you trying to do with the application?

What is the nature of the software you want to run, is it a compiled application? Is it a desktop application? Does it output HTML? You can set up a webserver to execute programs instead of download them and display the output, but that would require that the application outputs HTML if it's going to be usable by someone with a browser. What are you trying to do with the application?
The software calculates hair color formulas, it's written in a combination of html and javascript. After answering a few questions one can select to preview their results at which point the results page will open up in a browser. I do utilize a compiler to write the software. I'm new to this, please forgive my ignorance.

If the application that sits on the server is an executable that you expect the client to run and have access to the user interface on their machine (which is not the server) then there is no option but to ask them to download it. Although, with the right settings (nowadays hard to expect of your client) the person browser could use ActiveX but only on a properly configured Internet Explorer browser or through a plugged Firefox browser. See, running an exe from the server to the client would only open a world of trouble cuz then any hacker or virus nut could launch anything they wanted over the internet - hence the only thing the web browser can do is interpret ASCI text. Ok, I cannot withhold this, you could use IntraLaunch.re: http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1787So, the solution is to either re-engineer the hair color formula solution(pun intended) to be a java or flash application, or you reprogram the interface in a server side scripting language like php, asp, or coldfusion. Using any of those methods to run (and not rebuild) an exe file is a waste of time unless you really want to compromise the safety of your visitors. I'd work to use a server side scripting language to rebuild your application.

...it's written in a combination of html and javascript... I do utilize a compiler to write the software...
You might be confused, HTML and Javascript are not compiled languages. A compiled language is something like C or C++ where you run the source code through a compiler, linker, and builder to create an executable file that you can just double-click on to run, like any Windows program. Something like HTML is just a text file where the browser reads the code and displays some formatted content. It might be a compiled application that outputs HTML code, but the application itself can't be written in HTML, among other things HTML doesn't have any logic or control structures, just layout and formatting. What are you using to create the application, are you using something like Visual Studio or is it a program like Dreamweaver or Frontpage, or just a normal text editor?
If the application that sits on the server is an executable that you expect the client to run and have access to the user interface on their machine (which is not the server) then there is no option but to ask them to download it.
I don't think that's entirely correct. You can set up a server to give a directory or a file execute permissions, and if you configure the mappings in the server (I've only seen examples in IIS, I'm not sure of the generic terminology) then you can get the server to execute the exe file. That's what I was saying about the application outputting HTML. I've used a mail server called SurgeMail where the admin interface is a collection of exe files that sits on the mail server, but you access them through a web browser. I can connect to the mail server on a certain port and the URL in the address bar is a .exe file. So, in that case they just the compiled application running and outputting HTML similar to how something like PHP would execute and output HTML. But, other then for something like a mail server or something that really needs to be high-speed, I can't imagine that that approach would give any benefit over something like PHP, depending on the application. If the application needs to work with the Windows registry or other installed applications it would probably have to be an executable, but for pretty much everything else a normal server-side scripting language should be plenty.

You might be confused, HTML and Javascript are not compiled languages. A compiled language is something like C or C++ where you run the source code through a compiler, linker, and builder to create an executable file that you can just double-click on to run, like any Windows program. Something like HTML is just a text file where the browser reads the code and displays some formatted content. It might be a compiled application that outputs HTML code, but the application itself can't be written in HTML, among other things HTML doesn't have any logic or control structures, just layout and formatting. What are you using to create the application, are you using something like Visual Studio or is it a program like Dreamweaver or Frontpage, or just a normal text editor?I don't think that's entirely correct. You can set up a server to give a directory or a file execute permissions, and if you configure the mappings in the server (I've only seen examples in IIS, I'm not sure of the generic terminology) then you can get the server to execute the exe file. That's what I was saying about the application outputting HTML. I've used a mail server called SurgeMail where the admin interface is a collection of exe files that sits on the mail server, but you access them through a web browser. I can connect to the mail server on a certain port and the URL in the address bar is a .exe file. So, in that case they just the compiled application running and outputting HTML similar to how something like PHP would execute and output HTML. But, other then for something like a mail server or something that really needs to be high-speed, I can't imagine that that approach would give any benefit over something like PHP, depending on the application. If the application needs to work with the Windows registry or other installed applications it would probably have to be an executable, but for pretty much everything else a normal server-side scripting language should be plenty.
First off, I want to thank everybody for their help.I'm using an item called ISB (Instant Software Builder) to help write the software. It's described as a compiler, the basic interface is constructed by simply answering some questions and there is a spot where you would insert your "recipe". Your recipe includes various [#tags#] that will be replaced by whatever answers are given by the end user. The recipe is the nuts and bolts of my software and is written in javascriptI can send you the source code if you think that will help but I prefer not to do it in the forum as theft has been a problem just recently.

can we see a link to this application or could post the code this "compiler" produces?
I'll give you both; Here's the link for the forum only.http://madeforcolor.com/W3forum/ColorformulatorV2.0GW.exeHere's the sourcecode;<html><head> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="swb_stylesheet.css"> <style> .hlite {BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow;} .normal {BACKGROUND-COLOR: white;} .button_ {font-size: 13px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 4px; line-height: 15px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 4px; } .button_output {font-size: 12px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 3px; line-height: 12px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 3px; } </style> </head><body oncontextmenu='return false;' onselectstart='return false;' scroll=auto topmargin=2 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0><p><br><br><align= "center"><bold><i><h1>ColorFormulator V2.0GW<br><h6>*Designed for Goldwell like color lines*</h6></h2></i></align><br><td><div id="wizbar"><center><FONT COLOR="ffff80"><br><br><p> "Todays Date" will be the date of service. It will also show up in the title bar at the completed formula page. <p> <br> Filing the service as follows - mmmddyy (Mar2705) will help you keep track of the services and changes to your clients color formula. It may be a good idea to add the customer's last name to help with filing. </FONT></div></center><i><b>Todays Date</b></i><br><input type=text id="tag_date" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><br><p><br><center><input type="button" class="button_" id="button_next" value="Next >"></center></body><br></html><br><html><head> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="swb_stylesheet.css"> <style> .hlite {BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow;} .normal {BACKGROUND-COLOR: white;} .button_ {font-size: 13px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 4px; line-height: 15px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 4px; } .button_output {font-size: 12px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 3px; line-height: 12px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 3px; } </style> </head><body oncontextmenu='return false;' onselectstart='return false;' scroll=auto topmargin=2 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0><p><br><br><align= "center"><bold><i><h1>ColorFormulator V2.0GW<br><h6>*Designed for Goldwell like color lines*</h6></h2></i></align><br><td><div id="wizbar"> <center><FONT COLOR="ffff80"><br><br><br>Fill in the Customers Name, Address and the rest of the pertinent information. <br><p>This information will be displayed in the end result and should be used for filing purposes. <br><p>This information should be kept current and utilized for mailings, birthdays, anniversarys etc. </FONT></div></center><b><i>Customer's Name</b></i><br><input type=text id="tag_customer" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><p><b><i>Address</b></i><br><input type=text id="tag_Address" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><p><b><i>City, Town, Province</b></i><br><input type=text id="tag_Citytownprovince" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><p><b><i>State</b></i><br><input type=text id="tag_State" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><p><b><i>Zip Code</i></b><br><input type=text id="tag_zip" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><br><p><br><center><input type="button" class="button_" id="button_prev" value="< Back"> <input type="button" class="button_" id="button_next" value="Next >"></center><br></body></html><br><html><head> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="swb_stylesheet.css"> <style> .hlite {BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow;} .normal {BACKGROUND-COLOR: white;} .button_ {font-size: 13px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 4px; line-height: 15px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 4px; } .button_output {font-size: 12px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 3px; line-height: 12px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 3px; } </style> </head><body oncontextmenu='return false;' onselectstart='return false;' scroll=auto topmargin=2 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0><p><br><br><align= "center"><bold><i><h1>ColorFormulator V2.0GW<br><h6>*Designed for Goldwell like color lines*</h6></h2></i></align><br><td><div id="wizbar"> <center><FONT COLOR="ffff80"><br><br><br>For "Existing Level" enter only the<i> level darkness number</i><b>Do Not</b> enter the tonal value on this line.<br><br><br>For "Existing Tone" enter the tonal value such as "b", "rb", "n", "gk"<br><br>If there are variated tones, then these must be taken into consideration.<br><br>Please answer "YES" ONLY if existing "level" is previously tinted hair. <br><br>For "Target Level" enter only the <i>target level number</i> on this line.<br><br>For "Target Tone" enter the <i> target tonal value</i> only.<br><br><br>For "Percentage of Grey" just use whole numbers, <i>Do NOT use a range such as 0 - 30, 30 - 60 or 60 - 100.</i><br><br><br>If you are lifting 3 levels or more then you must use control to avoid excessive warmth. Controlling shades are; <b>N, NN, A, NA, P, NP, SB </b><br><br>Enter your tips, tricks and any type of information necessary in the "Comments" box. <br><br></FONT></div></center><b><i>Existing "Level"</i></b> <b><i> Is Existing "Level" Tinted ?</i></b><br><input id="tag_ExistingLevel" oncontextmenu="window.event.cancelBubble = true;" onselectstart="window.event.cancelBubble = true;" size="25" type="text"> <input id="tag_tint" oncontextmenu="window.event.cancelBubble = true;" onselectstart="window.event.cancelBubble = true;" size="25" type="text"><p><b><i>Existing "Tone"</b></i> <br><input type=text id="tag_ELT" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><p> <br><p><b><i>What is your Target "Level" ?</b></i> <br><input type=text id="tag_TargetColor" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><p><b><i>What is the Target "Tone" ?</b></i> <br><input type=text id="tag_tone" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><p><b><i>What Percentage of grey does the customer have ?</b></i><br><input type=text id="tag_PercentGrey" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><p><b><i>Add your Comments, Tips, Tricks and Ideas here</b></i><br><textarea id="tag_comments" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' rows=3 cols=50></textarea></p><br><p><br><center><input type="button" class="button_" id="button_prev" value="< Back"> <input type="button" class="button_" id="button_next" value="Next >"></center><br></body></html><br><html><head> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="swb_stylesheet.css"> <style> .hlite {BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow;} .normal {BACKGROUND-COLOR: white;} .button_ {font-size: 13px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 4px; line-height: 15px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 4px; } .button_output {font-size: 12px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 3px; line-height: 12px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 3px; } </style> </head><body oncontextmenu='return false;' onselectstart='return false;' scroll=auto topmargin=2 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0><br><br><b>Please select to either save or print your finished color formula.<br> <br> It is adviseable to first preview your formula.<br><br>It is recommended that you create folders for each of your color customers and then save each color formulation in that customer's folder. Because each file is saved by date it will be easy to refer to each color formulation and make the necessary changes.</b><p><p></p></br><input type=button class="button_output" value=" Click here to save color formula" id="output_html"> <input type=button class="button_output" value="Preview" id="preview_html"><br><br><input type=button class="button_output" value=" Click here to print color formula" id="output_print"><br><br><br><center><input type="button" class="button_" id="button_prev" value="< Back"></center><br></body></html><table border="6" bordercolor= "#CC0000" "background-color: "#FFFFFF" width="70%" align="center"><tr><td><html> <head> <font face="verdana"><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> <title>Color Formulator V2.0 Goldwell [#date#]</title> [#screenbreak#]</head> <body style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-image: url(http://madeforcolor.com/Images/ColorFormulatorLogo.JPG); background-image: E\Program files\ColorFormulator\Images\ColorFormulatorLogo.JPG"><table style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> <tbody> <tr> <td> <font face="verdana"> <backgroundcolor> </backgroundcolor></font> <left><center><H1>Color Formulator Results</H1></center><br><b><blockquote>Customer's name:</b> <i>[#customer#]</i><p><b>Address:</b> <i>[#Address#]</i> <p><b>City, Town, Province:</b> <i>[#Citytownprovince#]</i> <p><b>State:</b> <i>[#State#]</i> <p> <b>Zip:</b> <i>[#zip#]</i><p><b>Date of Service:</b> <i>[#date#]</i><p><br>[#screenbreak#]<br> <b>Existing Level:</b> [#ExistingLevel#][#ELT#] <b>Is Existing level Tinted ?</b> [#tint#] <br><b>Target Color:</b> [#TargetColor#][#tone#], <b>% Grey:</b> [#PercentGrey#], </b><p> <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">var existinglevel = "[#ExistingLevel#]"; var targetcolor = "[#TargetColor#]"; var difference = targetcolor - existinglevel;var tone = "[#tone#]";var dev = "40 mls " ;var opamt = " 1 level scoop " ;var bleach = " OP or OP Ultra" var elt = "[#ELT#]"var tint = "[#tint#]"var percentgrey = "[#PercentGrey#]";var r = "* Mix <b>2 parts water to 1 part RED Pre-pigmentation shade.</b><br> * Apply evenly to dry hair. <br><b> * Do not rinse.</b><br>* Continue with color treatment as usual. <p>" var k = "* Mix <b>2 parts water to 1 part COPPER Pre-pigmentation shade.</b><br> * Apply evenly to dry hair. <br><b> * Do not rinse.</b><br>* Continue with color treatment as usual. <p>" var g = "* Mix <b>2 parts water to 1 part GOLD Pre-pigmentation shade.</b><br> * Apply evenly to dry hair. <br><b> * Do not rinse.</b><br>* Continue with color treatment as usual. <p>" if (difference <= -2) { var volume = "10 Vol."; } if (difference <= -2 & percentgrey >= "80") {var volume = "20 Vol.";}if (difference == -1) { var volume = "20 Vol."; } if (difference == 0) { var volume = "20 Vol."; } if (difference == 1) { var volume = "20 Vol."; } if (difference == 2) { var volume = "30 Vol."; } if (difference == 3) { var volume = "40 Vol."; } if (difference == 4) { var volume = "40 Vol. with Blonding Cream or Blonding Cream with Ash" ;} if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "10" & tone == "b") { var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;} if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "10" & tone == "B") { var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;} if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "10" & tone == "gb") { var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;} if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "10" & tone == "GB") { var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;} if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "10" & tone == "Gb") { var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;} if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "Gb") { var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;} if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "gb") { var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;} if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "GB") { var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;} if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "G") { var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;} if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "g") { var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;} if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "B") { var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;} if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "b") { var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;} if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "n") {document.write (" <b>9N is not achievable from a level 5. This is a decolorizing process.</b>" + "<p>")}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "N") {document.write (" <b>9N is not achievable from a level 5. This is a decolorizing process.</b>" + "<p>")}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "n") {var volume = " 20 or 30 Vol. with 1 level scoop of OP or OP Ultra" ;} if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "N") {var volume = " 20 or 30 Vol. with 1 level scoop of OP or OP Ultra" ;} if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "n") {var dev = " 35 mls " ;} if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "N") {var dev = " 35 mls " ;} if (difference > 4) { var volume = " 20 or 30 Vol. with 1 level scoop of OP or OP Ultra" ;} if (difference > 4) { var dev = " 35 mls " ;} if (difference > 1 & tint == "yes") {var volume = " 20 or 30 Vol. with 1 level scoop of OP or OP Ultra" ;}if (difference > 1 & tint == "yes") {var dev = " 35 mls " ;}if (difference > 1 & tint == "YES") {var volume = " 20 or 30 Vol. with 1 level scoop of OP or OP Ultra" ;}if (difference > 1 & tint == "YES") {var dev = " 35 mls " ;}if (difference > 1 & tint == "Yes") {var volume = " 20 or 30 Vol. with 1 level scoop of OP or OP Ultra" ;}if (difference > 1 & tint == "Yes") {var dev = " 35 mls " ;}if (elt == "rb" & tone == "b") {document.write ( " If you are controlling excessive red warmth then consider using just a control shade such as <b>Silver Browns (SB).</b>" + "<p>")}if (elt == "rb" & tone == "b") {var tone = "SB" ;}if (elt == "RB" & tone == "B") {document.write ( " If you are controlling excessive red warmth then consider using just a control shade such as <b>Silver Browns (SB).</b>" + "<p>")}if (elt == "RB" & tone == "B") {var tone = "SB" ;}if (elt == "rb" & tone == "B") {document.write ( " If you are controlling excessive red warmth then consider using just a control shade such as <b>Silver Browns (SB).</b>" + "<p>")}if (elt == "rb" & tone == "B") {var tone = "SB" ;}if (elt == "RB" & tone == "b") {document.write ( " If you are controlling excessive red warmth then consider using just a control shade such as <b>Silver Browns (SB).</b>" + "<p>")}if (elt == "RB" & tone == "b") {var tone = "SB" ;}if (difference <= -2 ) {document.write ( " <b>*</b>This is a Tint Back. When going <b>2-3, or more, </b>levels darker it <b>may</b> be necessary to fill the hair with proper pigmentation prior to normal color service. " + "<p>" )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "4" & tone == "n" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "4" & tone == "N" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "4" & tone == "nn" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "4" & tone == "NN" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "2" & tone == "a" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "2" & tone == "A" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "7" & targetcolor > "5" & tone == "kg" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "7" & targetcolor > "5" & tone == "KG" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "5" & tone == "kr" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "5" & tone == "KR" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "5" & tone == "rk" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "5" & tone == "RK" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "4" & tone == "rr" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "4" & tone == "RR" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "4" & tone == "rg" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "4" & tone == "RG" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "4" & tone == "r" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "4" & tone == "R" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "rb" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "RB" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "v" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "V" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "vr" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "VR" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "n" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "N" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "nn" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "NN" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "5" & tone == "a" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "5" & tone == "A" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "g" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "G" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "k" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "K" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "8" & tone == "kn" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "8" & tone == "KN" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "8" & tone == "kg" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "8" & tone == "KG" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "rb" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "RB" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "b" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "B" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "bg" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "BG" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "Bg" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "bG" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "n" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "N" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "nn" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "NN" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "6" & tone == "na" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "6" & tone == "NA" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor >= "6" & tone == "np" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor >= "6" & tone == "NP" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "6" & tone == "a" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "6" & tone == "A" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "g" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "G" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "gn" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "GN" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "6" & tone == "gb" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "6" & tone == "GB" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "b" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "B" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "7" & tone == "bn" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "7" & tone == "BN" ) {document.write ( g )}document.write( "<b>Developer:</b> " + dev + volume + "<p>");if (volume == " 20 or 30 Vol. with 1 level scoop of OP or OP Ultra" ) {document.write ( " This is a <b>2 step decolorization process</b>, First decolorize the hair to 1/2 - 1 level lighter than necessary, then tone to desired color with either the <b>Topchic or Colorance formulas below.</b> <p><b>Developer: </b> 40 mls 10 Vol " + "<p>" )}var percentgrey = "[#PercentGrey#]";if (percentgrey < 1 ) {var ns = " (No N series needed) ";} if (percentgrey < 31 & percentgrey > 1) { var ns = "15 mls " + targetcolor + "N"; } if (percentgrey < 61 & percentgrey > 30) { var ns = "20 mls " + targetcolor + "N"; } if (percentgrey > 60) { var ns = "25 mls " + targetcolor + "N"; }if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" & percentgrey <=30 ) { var ns = " " ;} if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" & percentgrey >30 & percentgrey <=50 ) { var ns = " 10 mls 9N Only" ;} if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" & percentgrey >50 & percentgrey <=70 ) { var ns = " 25 mls 9N Only" ;} document.write("<b>N series (to control grey):</b> " + ns + " <p> " ); if (existinglevel == 2 & targetcolor <5){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 2 & targetcolor >=5){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 3 & targetcolor >=6){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 3 & targetcolor <6){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 4 & targetcolor >=7){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 4 & targetcolor <7){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 5 & targetcolor >=8){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 5 & targetcolor <8){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 6 & targetcolor >=9){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 6 & targetcolor <9){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 7 & targetcolor >=10){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 7 & targetcolor <10){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 8 & targetcolor >=11){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 8 & targetcolor <11){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 9 & targetcolor >=12){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 9 & targetcolor <12){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 10 & targetcolor >=12){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 10 & targetcolor <12){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "n") {var cntrlamount = " ";}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "N") {var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 2 & targetcolor >= 5) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "A (Ash) or consider SB (Silver Brown)");}if (existinglevel == 2 & targetcolor < 5) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (existinglevel == 3 & targetcolor >= 6) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "A (Ash) or consider SB (Silver Brown)");}if (existinglevel == 3 & targetcolor < 6) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (existinglevel == 4 & targetcolor >= 7) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "A (Ash) or consider SB (Silver Brown)");}if (existinglevel == 4 & targetcolor < 7) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (existinglevel == 5 & targetcolor >= 8) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "A (Ash)");}if (existinglevel == 5 & targetcolor < 8) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (existinglevel == 6 & targetcolor >= 9) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "A (Ash)");}if (existinglevel == 6 & targetcolor < 9) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (existinglevel == 7 & targetcolor >= 10) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "A (Ash)");}if (existinglevel == 7 & targetcolor < 10) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (existinglevel == 8 & targetcolor >= 11) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "P (Pearl) or 10V");}if (existinglevel == 8 & targetcolor < 11) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (existinglevel == 9 & targetcolor >= 12) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "P (Pearl) or 10V");}if (existinglevel == 9 & targetcolor < 12) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (existinglevel == 10 & targetcolor >= 13) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "P (Pearl) or 10V");}if (existinglevel == 10 & targetcolor < 13) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ) {var cntrlamount = " "}if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ) {var cntrl = (" No control necessary due to additional pigment in the 11 Series");}document.write("<b>Control for excessive warmth:</b> " + cntrlamount + cntrl + " <p> " ); if ( ns == " (No N series needed) " ) {var trgtclramount = "40 mls ";}if ( ns == "15 mls " + targetcolor + "N" ) {var trgtclramount = "25 mls ";}if ( ns == "20 mls " + targetcolor + "N" ) {var trgtclramount = "20 mls ";}if ( ns == "25 mls " + targetcolor + "N" ) {var trgtclramount = "15 mls ";}if ( ns == " (No N series needed) " & cntrlamount == "10 mls ") {var trgtclramount = "30 mls ";}if ( ns == "15 mls " + targetcolor + "N" & cntrlamount == "10 mls " ) {var trgtclramount = "15 mls ";}if ( ns == "20 mls " + targetcolor + "N" & cntrlamount == "10 mls ") {var trgtclramount = "10 mls ";}if ( ns == "25 mls " + targetcolor + "N" & cntrlamount == "10 mls ") {var trgtclramount = "5 mls ";}if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" & ns == " ") { var trgtclramount = "20 mls of selected 11 Series to get target color " ;} if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" & ns == " 10 mls 9N Only" ) { var trgtclramount = " 10 mls of selected 11 Series to get target color ";} if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" & ns == " 25 mls 9N Only" ) { var trgtclramount = "15 mls of selected 11 Series to get target color ";} document.write("<b>Color:</b> " + trgtclramount + targetcolor + tone + " <p>" ); if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ) {document.write (" <b>IMPORTANT, Please refer to the 11 series chart that came with this software for important information and to determine the 11 Series shade that will get you the target color mentioned above.</b>" + "<p>") ;}var comments = "[#comments#]";document.write ("<b>Color Balance Formula:</b> 40mls Colorance Lotion, 20mls " + targetcolor + tone + "<p>" );if (volume == "30 Vol." ) {document.write ( " <b>*</b>When lifting <b>from levels 2 - 7</b> the underlying pigment is <b>orange</b>. Ash controls orange. Silver Browns also controls orange and reds<br><br><b>*</b>When lifting <b>from levels 8 - 10</b> the underlying pigment is <b>yellow.</b> 10V controls yellow. Pearl controls gold. <br><br><b>*</b><b>Controlling shades</b> are; <b>N</b> (Natural), <b>NN</b>, <b>A</b> (Ash), <b>NA</b> (Natural Ash), <b>P</b> (Pearl), <b>NP</b> (Natural Pearl), <b>SB</b> (Silver Browns). " + "<p>" )}if (volume == "40 Vol." ) {document.write ( " <b>*</b> When lifting <b>3 or more levels</b> it is necessary to use some form of control to avoid unnecessary warmth. <p><b>*</b>When lifting <b>from levels 2 - 7</b> the underlying pigment is <b>orange</b>. Ash controls orange. Silver Browns also controls orange and reds<br><br><b>*</b>When lifting <b>from levels 8 - 10</b> the underlying pigment is <b>yellow.</b> 10V controls yellow. Pearl controls gold. <br><br><b>*</b><b>Controlling shades</b> are; <b>N</b> (Natural), <b>NN</b>, <b>A</b> (Ash), <b>NA</b> (Natural Ash), <b>P</b> (Pearl), <b>NP</b> (Natural Pearl), <b>SB</b> (Silver Browns). " + "<p>" )}if (volume == "40 Vol. with Blonding Cream or Blonding Cream with Ash" ) {document.write ( "<b>*</b> You can replace <b>up to 50%</b> of the total formula amount with <b>Blonding Cream or Blonding Cream Ash.</b> If you use Blonding Ash then you may have to adjust your control also. " + "<p>" )}document.write("<b>Comments, Notes etc. - </b> " + comments + "<p>");document.write("<b>Conversion Chart to ounces - </b> <br>15mls - .50oz<br>20mls - .75oz<br>30mls - 1oz<br>40mls - 1.5oz<br>80mls - 3oz<p><br>");</script> <b>Some things to remember;</b><p> Porous hair absorbs cool tones more readily than warm tones, so if your trying to get those nice RB tones and the customer has porous hair then you might want to adjust your formula.<p><p></body> </body background></html></td></tr></table></table>I hope this helps, thanx againMarc

MarcP: I would recommend you that yo edit your post and add

[/code box] around your code (whithout the spaces between "code" and "box", it would make your post alot easier to read...

MarcP: I would recommend you that yo edit your post and add
 [/code box] around your code (whithout the spaces between "code" and "box", it would make your post alot easier to read...[/quote][b]Her ya go, sorry about the length[/b][codebox]<html><head><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="swb_stylesheet.css"><style>.hlite {BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow;}.normal {BACKGROUND-COLOR: white;}.button_ {font-size: 13px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 4px; line-height: 15px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 4px; }.button_output {font-size: 12px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 3px; line-height: 12px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 3px; }</style></head><body oncontextmenu='return false;' onselectstart='return false;' scroll=auto topmargin=2 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0><p><br><br><align= "center"><bold><i><h1>ColorFormulator V2.0GW<br><h6>*Designed for Goldwell like color lines*</h6></h2></i></align><br><td><div id="wizbar"><center><FONT COLOR="ffff80"><br><br><p>"Todays Date" will be the date of service. It will also show up in the title bar at the completed formula page. <p><br>Filing the service as follows - mmmddyy (Mar2705) will help you keep track of the services and changes to your clients color formula. It may be a good idea to add the customer's last name to help with filing.</FONT></div></center><i><b>Todays Date</b></i><br><input type=text id="tag_date" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><br><p><br><center><input type="button" class="button_" id="button_next" value="Next >"></center></body><br></html><br><html><head><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="swb_stylesheet.css"><style>.hlite {BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow;}.normal {BACKGROUND-COLOR: white;}.button_ {font-size: 13px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 4px; line-height: 15px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 4px; }.button_output {font-size: 12px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 3px; line-height: 12px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 3px; }</style></head><body oncontextmenu='return false;' onselectstart='return false;' scroll=auto topmargin=2 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0><p><br><br><align= "center"><bold><i><h1>ColorFormulator V2.0GW<br><h6>*Designed for Goldwell like color lines*</h6></h2></i></align><br><td><div id="wizbar"><center><FONT COLOR="ffff80"><br><br><br>Fill in the Customers Name, Address and the rest of the pertinent information. <br><p>This information will be displayed in the end result and should be used for filing purposes. <br><p>This information should be kept current and utilized for mailings, birthdays, anniversarys etc.</FONT></div></center><b><i>Customer's Name</b></i><br><input type=text id="tag_customer" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><p><b><i>Address</b></i><br><input type=text id="tag_Address" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><p><b><i>City, Town, Province</b></i><br><input type=text id="tag_Citytownprovince" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><p><b><i>State</b></i><br><input type=text id="tag_State" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><p><b><i>Zip Code</i></b><br><input type=text id="tag_zip" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><br><p><br><center><input type="button" class="button_" id="button_prev" value="< Back"> <input type="button" class="button_" id="button_next" value="Next >"></center><br></body></html><br><html><head><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="swb_stylesheet.css"><style>.hlite {BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow;}.normal {BACKGROUND-COLOR: white;}.button_ {font-size: 13px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 4px; line-height: 15px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 4px; }.button_output {font-size: 12px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 3px; line-height: 12px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 3px; }</style></head><body oncontextmenu='return false;' onselectstart='return false;' scroll=auto topmargin=2 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0><p><br><br><align= "center"><bold><i><h1>ColorFormulator V2.0GW<br><h6>*Designed for Goldwell like color lines*</h6></h2></i></align><br><td><div id="wizbar"><center><FONT COLOR="ffff80"><br><br><br>For "Existing Level" enter only the<i> level darkness number</i><b>Do Not</b> enter the tonal value on this line.<br><br><br>For "Existing Tone" enter the tonal value such as "b", "rb", "n", "gk"<br><br>If there are variated tones, then these must be taken into consideration.<br><br>Please answer "YES" ONLY if existing "level" is previously tinted hair. <br><br>For "Target Level" enter only the <i>target level number</i> on this line.<br><br>For "Target Tone" enter the <i> target tonal value</i> only.<br><br><br>For "Percentage of Grey" just use whole numbers, <i>Do NOT use a range such as 0 - 30, 30 - 60 or 60 - 100.</i><br><br><br>If you are lifting 3 levels or more then you must use control to avoid excessive warmth. Controlling shades are; <b>N, NN, A, NA, P, NP, SB </b><br><br>Enter your tips, tricks and any type of information necessary in the "Comments" box. <br><br></FONT></div></center><b><i>Existing "Level"</i></b> <b><i>Is Existing "Level" Tinted ?</i></b><br><input id="tag_ExistingLevel"oncontextmenu="window.event.cancelBubble = true;"onselectstart="window.event.cancelBubble = true;" size="25"type="text"><input id="tag_tint"oncontextmenu="window.event.cancelBubble = true;"onselectstart="window.event.cancelBubble = true;" size="25"type="text"><p><b><i>Existing "Tone"</b></i> <br><input type=text id="tag_ELT" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><p> <br><p><b><i>What is your Target "Level" ?</b></i> <br><input type=text id="tag_TargetColor" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><p><b><i>What is the Target "Tone" ?</b></i> <br><input type=text id="tag_tone" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><p><b><i>What Percentage of grey does the customer have ?</b></i><br><input type=text id="tag_PercentGrey" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><p><b><i>Add your Comments, Tips, Tricks and Ideas here</b></i><br><textarea id="tag_comments" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' rows=3 cols=50></textarea></p><br><p><br><center><input type="button" class="button_" id="button_prev" value="< Back"> <input type="button" class="button_" id="button_next" value="Next >"></center><br></body></html><br><html><head><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="swb_stylesheet.css"><style>.hlite {BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow;}.normal {BACKGROUND-COLOR: white;}.button_ {font-size: 13px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 4px; line-height: 15px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 4px; }.button_output {font-size: 12px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 3px; line-height: 12px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 3px; }</style></head><body oncontextmenu='return false;' onselectstart='return false;' scroll=auto topmargin=2 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0><br><br><b>Please select to either save or print your finished color formula.<br><br>It is adviseable to first preview your formula.<br><br>It is recommended that you create folders for each of your color customers and then save each color formulation in that customer's folder. Because each file is saved by date it will be easy to refer to each color formulation and make the necessary changes.</b><p><p></p></br><input type=button class="button_output" value=" Click here to save color formula" id="output_html"> <input type=button class="button_output" value="Preview" id="preview_html"><br><br><input type=button class="button_output" value=" Click here to print color formula" id="output_print"><br><br><br><center><input type="button" class="button_" id="button_prev" value="< Back"></center><br></body></html><table border="6" bordercolor= "#CC0000" "background-color: "#FFFFFF" width="70%" align="center"><tr><td><html><head><font face="verdana"><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><title>Color Formulator V2.0 Goldwell [#date#]</title>[#screenbreak#]</head><bodystyle="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-image: url(http://madeforcolor.com/Images/ColorFormulatorLogo.JPG); background-image: E\Program files\ColorFormulator\Images\ColorFormulatorLogo.JPG"><table style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><tbody><tr><td> <font face="verdana"> <backgroundcolor></backgroundcolor></font><left><center><H1>Color Formulator Results</H1></center><br><b><blockquote>Customer's name:</b> <i>[#customer#]</i><p><b>Address:</b> <i>[#Address#]</i> <p><b>City, Town, Province:</b> <i>[#Citytownprovince#]</i> <p><b>State:</b> <i>[#State#]</i> <p><b>Zip:</b> <i>[#zip#]</i><p><b>Date of Service:</b> <i>[#date#]</i><p><br>[#screenbreak#]<br><b>Existing Level:</b> [#ExistingLevel#][#ELT#] <b>Is Existing level Tinted ?</b> [#tint#] <br><b>Target Color:</b> [#TargetColor#][#tone#], <b>% Grey:</b> [#PercentGrey#], </b><p><script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">var existinglevel = "[#ExistingLevel#]";var targetcolor = "[#TargetColor#]";var difference = targetcolor - existinglevel;var tone = "[#tone#]";var dev = "40 mls " ;var opamt = " 1 level scoop " ;var bleach = " OP or OP Ultra"var elt = "[#ELT#]"var tint = "[#tint#]"var percentgrey = "[#PercentGrey#]";var r = "* Mix <b>2 parts water to 1 part RED Pre-pigmentation shade.</b><br> * Apply evenly to dry hair. <br><b> * Do not rinse.</b><br>* Continue with color treatment as usual. <p>"var k = "* Mix <b>2 parts water to 1 part COPPER Pre-pigmentation shade.</b><br> * Apply evenly to dry hair. <br><b> * Do not rinse.</b><br>* Continue with color treatment as usual. <p>"var g = "* Mix <b>2 parts water to 1 part GOLD Pre-pigmentation shade.</b><br> * Apply evenly to dry hair. <br><b> * Do not rinse.</b><br>* Continue with color treatment as usual. <p>"if (difference <= -2) {var volume = "10 Vol.";}if (difference <= -2 & percentgrey >= "80") {var volume = "20 Vol.";}if (difference == -1) {var volume = "20 Vol.";}if (difference == 0) {var volume = "20 Vol.";}if (difference == 1) {var volume = "20 Vol.";}if (difference == 2) {var volume = "30 Vol.";}if (difference == 3) {var volume = "40 Vol.";}if (difference == 4) {var volume = "40 Vol. with Blonding Cream or Blonding Cream with Ash" ;}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "10" & tone == "b") {var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "10" & tone == "B") {var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "10" & tone == "gb") {var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "10" & tone == "GB") {var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "10" & tone == "Gb") {var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "Gb") {var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "gb") {var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "GB") {var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "G") {var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "g") {var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "B") {var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "b") {var volume = "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ;}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "n") {document.write (" <b>9N is not achievable from a level 5. This is a decolorizing process.</b>" + "<p>")}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "N") {document.write (" <b>9N is not achievable from a level 5. This is a decolorizing process.</b>" + "<p>")}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "n") {var volume = " 20 or 30 Vol. with 1 level scoop of OP or OP Ultra" ;}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "N") {var volume = " 20 or 30 Vol. with 1 level scoop of OP or OP Ultra" ;}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "n") {var dev = " 35 mls " ;}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "N") {var dev = " 35 mls " ;}if (difference > 4) {var volume = " 20 or 30 Vol. with 1 level scoop of OP or OP Ultra" ;}if (difference > 4) {var dev = " 35 mls " ;}if (difference > 1 & tint == "yes") {var volume = " 20 or 30 Vol. with 1 level scoop of OP or OP Ultra" ;}if (difference > 1 & tint == "yes") {var dev = " 35 mls " ;}if (difference > 1 & tint == "YES") {var volume = " 20 or 30 Vol. with 1 level scoop of OP or OP Ultra" ;}if (difference > 1 & tint == "YES") {var dev = " 35 mls " ;}if (difference > 1 & tint == "Yes") {var volume = " 20 or 30 Vol. with 1 level scoop of OP or OP Ultra" ;}if (difference > 1 & tint == "Yes") {var dev = " 35 mls " ;}if (elt == "rb" & tone == "b") {document.write ( " If you are controlling excessive red warmth then consider using just a control shade such as <b>Silver Browns (SB).</b>" + "<p>")}if (elt == "rb" & tone == "b") {var tone = "SB" ;}if (elt == "RB" & tone == "B") {document.write ( " If you are controlling excessive red warmth then consider using just a control shade such as <b>Silver Browns (SB).</b>" + "<p>")}if (elt == "RB" & tone == "B") {var tone = "SB" ;}if (elt == "rb" & tone == "B") {document.write ( " If you are controlling excessive red warmth then consider using just a control shade such as <b>Silver Browns (SB).</b>" + "<p>")}if (elt == "rb" & tone == "B") {var tone = "SB" ;}if (elt == "RB" & tone == "b") {document.write ( " If you are controlling excessive red warmth then consider using just a control shade such as <b>Silver Browns (SB).</b>" + "<p>")}if (elt == "RB" & tone == "b") {var tone = "SB" ;}if (difference <= -2 ) {document.write ( " <b>*</b>This is a Tint Back. When going <b>2-3, or more, </b>levels darker it <b>may</b> be necessary to fill the hair with proper pigmentation prior to normal color service. " + "<p>" )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "4" & tone == "n" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "4" & tone == "N" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "4" & tone == "nn" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "4" & tone == "NN" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "2" & tone == "a" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "2" & tone == "A" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "7" & targetcolor > "5" & tone == "kg" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "7" & targetcolor > "5" & tone == "KG" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "5" & tone == "kr" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "5" & tone == "KR" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "5" & tone == "rk" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "5" & tone == "RK" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "4" & tone == "rr" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "4" & tone == "RR" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "4" & tone == "rg" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "4" & tone == "RG" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "4" & tone == "r" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor > "4" & tone == "R" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "rb" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "RB" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "v" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "V" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "vr" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "VR" ) {document.write ( r )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "n" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "N" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "nn" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "NN" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "5" & tone == "a" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "5" & tone == "A" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "g" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "G" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "k" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor >= "5" & tone == "K" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "8" & tone == "kn" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "8" & tone == "KN" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "8" & tone == "kg" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "8" & tone == "KG" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "rb" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "RB" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "b" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "B" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "bg" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "BG" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "Bg" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "6" & targetcolor >= "4" & tone == "bG" ) {document.write ( k )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "n" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "N" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "nn" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "NN" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "6" & tone == "na" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "6" & tone == "NA" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor >= "6" & tone == "np" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor >= "6" & tone == "NP" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "6" & tone == "a" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "6" & tone == "A" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "g" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "G" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "gn" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "GN" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "6" & tone == "gb" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "9" & targetcolor >= "6" & tone == "GB" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "b" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor <= "8" & targetcolor >= "7" & tone == "B" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "7" & tone == "bn" ) {document.write ( g )}if (difference <= -2 & targetcolor == "7" & tone == "BN" ) {document.write ( g )}document.write( "<b>Developer:</b> " + dev + volume + "<p>");if (volume == " 20 or 30 Vol. with 1 level scoop of OP or OP Ultra" ) {document.write ( " This is a <b>2 step decolorization process</b>, First decolorize the hair to 1/2 - 1 level lighter than necessary, then tone to desired color with either the <b>Topchic or Colorance formulas below.</b> <p><b>Developer: </b> 40 mls 10 Vol " + "<p>" )}var percentgrey = "[#PercentGrey#]";if (percentgrey < 1 ) {var ns = " (No N series needed) ";}if (percentgrey < 31 & percentgrey > 1) {var ns = "15 mls " + targetcolor + "N";}if (percentgrey < 61 & percentgrey > 30) {var ns = "20 mls " + targetcolor + "N";}if (percentgrey > 60) {var ns = "25 mls " + targetcolor + "N";}if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" & percentgrey <=30 ) {var ns = " " ;}if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" & percentgrey >30 & percentgrey <=50 ) {var ns = " 10 mls 9N Only" ;}if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" & percentgrey >50 & percentgrey <=70 ) {var ns = " 25 mls 9N Only" ;}document.write("<b>N series (to control grey):</b> " + ns + " <p> " );if (existinglevel == 2 & targetcolor <5){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 2 & targetcolor >=5){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 3 & targetcolor >=6){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 3 & targetcolor <6){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 4 & targetcolor >=7){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 4 & targetcolor <7){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 5 & targetcolor >=8){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 5 & targetcolor <8){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 6 & targetcolor >=9){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 6 & targetcolor <9){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 7 & targetcolor >=10){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 7 & targetcolor <10){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 8 & targetcolor >=11){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 8 & targetcolor <11){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 9 & targetcolor >=12){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 9 & targetcolor <12){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 10 & targetcolor >=12){var cntrlamount = "10 mls ";}if (existinglevel == 10 & targetcolor <12){var cntrlamount = " ";}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "n") {var cntrlamount = " ";}if (difference == 4 & targetcolor == "9" & tone == "N") {var cntrlamount = " ";}if (existinglevel == 2 & targetcolor >= 5) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "A (Ash) or consider SB (Silver Brown)");}if (existinglevel == 2 & targetcolor < 5) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (existinglevel == 3 & targetcolor >= 6) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "A (Ash) or consider SB (Silver Brown)");}if (existinglevel == 3 & targetcolor < 6) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (existinglevel == 4 & targetcolor >= 7) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "A (Ash) or consider SB (Silver Brown)");}if (existinglevel == 4 & targetcolor < 7) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (existinglevel == 5 & targetcolor >= 8) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "A (Ash)");}if (existinglevel == 5 & targetcolor < 8) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (existinglevel == 6 & targetcolor >= 9) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "A (Ash)");}if (existinglevel == 6 & targetcolor < 9) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (existinglevel == 7 & targetcolor >= 10) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "A (Ash)");}if (existinglevel == 7 & targetcolor < 10) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (existinglevel == 8 & targetcolor >= 11) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "P (Pearl) or 10V");}if (existinglevel == 8 & targetcolor < 11) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (existinglevel == 9 & targetcolor >= 12) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "P (Pearl) or 10V");}if (existinglevel == 9 & targetcolor < 12) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (existinglevel == 10 & targetcolor >= 13) {var cntrl = (targetcolor + "P (Pearl) or 10V");}if (existinglevel == 10 & targetcolor < 13) {var cntrl = ("(No control necessary)");}if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ) {var cntrlamount = " "}if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ) {var cntrl = (" No control necessary due to additional pigment in the 11 Series");}document.write("<b>Control for excessive warmth:</b> " + cntrlamount + cntrl + " <p> " );if ( ns == " (No N series needed) " ) {var trgtclramount = "40 mls ";}if ( ns == "15 mls " + targetcolor + "N" ) {var trgtclramount = "25 mls ";}if ( ns == "20 mls " + targetcolor + "N" ) {var trgtclramount = "20 mls ";}if ( ns == "25 mls " + targetcolor + "N" ) {var trgtclramount = "15 mls ";}if ( ns == " (No N series needed) " & cntrlamount == "10 mls ") {var trgtclramount = "30 mls ";}if ( ns == "15 mls " + targetcolor + "N" & cntrlamount == "10 mls " ) {var trgtclramount = "15 mls ";}if ( ns == "20 mls " + targetcolor + "N" & cntrlamount == "10 mls ") {var trgtclramount = "10 mls ";}if ( ns == "25 mls " + targetcolor + "N" & cntrlamount == "10 mls ") {var trgtclramount = "5 mls ";}if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" & ns == " ") {var trgtclramount = "20 mls of selected 11 Series to get target color " ;}if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" & ns == " 10 mls 9N Only" ) {var trgtclramount = " 10 mls of selected 11 Series to get target color ";}if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" & ns == " 25 mls 9N Only" ) {var trgtclramount = "15 mls of selected 11 Series to get target color ";}document.write("<b>Color:</b> " + trgtclramount + targetcolor + tone + " <p>" );if (volume == "40 Vol. with 11 Series" ) {document.write (" <b>IMPORTANT, Please refer to the 11 series chart that came with this software for important information and to determine the 11 Series shade that will get you the target color mentioned above.</b>" + "<p>") ;}var comments = "[#comments#]";document.write ("<b>Color Balance Formula:</b> 40mls Colorance Lotion, 20mls " + targetcolor + tone + "<p>" );if (volume == "30 Vol." ) {document.write ( " <b>*</b>When lifting <b>from levels 2 - 7</b> the underlying pigment is <b>orange</b>. Ash controls orange. Silver Browns also controls orange and reds<br><br><b>*</b>When lifting <b>from levels 8 - 10</b> the underlying pigment is <b>yellow.</b> 10V controls yellow. Pearl controls gold. <br><br><b>*</b><b>Controlling shades</b> are; <b>N</b> (Natural), <b>NN</b>, <b>A</b> (Ash), <b>NA</b> (Natural Ash), <b>P</b> (Pearl), <b>NP</b> (Natural Pearl), <b>SB</b> (Silver Browns). " + "<p>" )}if (volume == "40 Vol." ) {document.write ( " <b>*</b> When lifting <b>3 or more levels</b> it is necessary to use some form of control to avoid unnecessary warmth. <p><b>*</b>When lifting <b>from levels 2 - 7</b> the underlying pigment is <b>orange</b>. Ash controls orange. Silver Browns also controls orange and reds<br><br><b>*</b>When lifting <b>from levels 8 - 10</b> the underlying pigment is <b>yellow.</b> 10V controls yellow. Pearl controls gold. <br><br><b>*</b><b>Controlling shades</b> are; <b>N</b> (Natural), <b>NN</b>, <b>A</b> (Ash), <b>NA</b> (Natural Ash), <b>P</b> (Pearl), <b>NP</b> (Natural Pearl), <b>SB</b> (Silver Browns). " + "<p>" )}if (volume == "40 Vol. with Blonding Cream or Blonding Cream with Ash" ) {document.write ( "<b>*</b> You can replace <b>up to 50%</b> of the total formula amount with <b>Blonding Cream or Blonding Cream Ash.</b> If you use Blonding Ash then you may have to adjust your control also. " + "<p>" )}document.write("<b>Comments, Notes etc. - </b> " + comments + "<p>");document.write("<b>Conversion Chart to ounces - </b> <br>15mls - .50oz<br>20mls - .75oz<br>30mls - 1oz<br>40mls - 1.5oz<br>80mls - 3oz<p><br>");</script><b>Some things to remember;</b><p>Porous hair absorbs cool tones more readily than warm tones, so if your trying to get those nice RB tones and the customer has porous hair then you might want to adjust your formula.<p><p></body></body background></html></td></tr></table></table>[/codebox]

It looks like you have an application that will compile a set of HTML pages as an executable. If you want to put this online, you will need to put each individual page online. For example, this is one page:

<html><head><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="swb_stylesheet.css"><style>.hlite {BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow;}.normal {BACKGROUND-COLOR: white;}.button_ {font-size: 13px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 4px; line-height: 15px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 4px; }.button_output {font-size: 12px; font-family: arial, Trebuchet MS, verdana, helvetica, san-serif; padding: 3px; line-height: 12px; color: #ffff80; text-align: center; background: #424882; padding: 3px; }</style></head><body oncontextmenu='return false;' onselectstart='return false;' scroll=auto topmargin=2 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0><p><br><br><align= "center"><bold><i><h1>ColorFormulator V2.0GW<br><h6>*Designed for Goldwell like color lines*</h6></h2></i></align><br><td><div id="wizbar"><center><FONT COLOR="ffff80"><br><br><p>"Todays Date" will be the date of service. It will also show up in the title bar at the completed formula page. <p><br>Filing the service as follows - mmmddyy (Mar2705) will help you keep track of the services and changes to your clients color formula. It may be a good idea to add the customer's last name to help with filing. </FONT></div></center><i><b>Todays Date</b></i><br><input type=text id="tag_date" oncontextmenu='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' onselectstart='window.event.cancelBubble = true;' size=50></input></p><br><p><br><center><input type="button" class="button_" id="button_next" value="Next >"></center></body><br></html>

That would be saved as its own web page. The main difference between the application and web version would be the form processor. These pages don't have a form on them, the application does something to handle that automatically. You would need to add a form onto each page and set up something like PHP to keep track of all of the responses and either save them in a database or just display a report like the application does.

Archived