About website memberships

astralaaron

Suppose there is one table 'member' has 'member_id','created_date'.So when member register at that time the data inserted in this table.So for the Particular month through query u can get the total number of Member Registered for the Particular Month.Execute the Query. If that Limit Exceeds Your membership Limit say 1000 membership / month. Then display message the message say 'membership closed for this month' or what ever u want to do else u can allow the people to register. This is the logic.How to Implement that is ur part.Tell me What Kind of Exact outuput u want.If u find any difficulties during that u can tell me i would give u the code if possible.

what I mean is.. after each month I need to charge all the members a fee.. do I need to store their credit card information in a table also?how can you set it up so at the first of the month it charges all the members? can this be automated?

So On the Registration Page U have to Put Field's LikeMember Name(FirstName & LastName) , Address,City,State,Zip,Country,Mode Of Payment(whether it is 'Paypal','Authorize.net',etc.),After that u have to store Member's Credit Card Type('Visa','MasterCard','Discover','American Express',etc.), Credit Card Number,Expire Date, Social Security Code,etc.For the PAYPAL u have to register at http://www.paypal.com/ so that the Member can Pay & That fund will be transferred to u'r account.They r providing recurring facility so after each month they can deduct the money which u have specified from their account.U can get this page's view from paypal.com.select count(member_id) as tot_member from member where DATE_FORMAT(dCreatedDate,'%m') = DATE_FORMAT(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP(),'%m')From this Query U Can Get the Current Month's Total Member Registered.If someone can focus on this then it will be more helpful.

So On the Registration Page U have to Put Field's LikeMember Name(FirstName & LastName) , Address,City,State,Zip,Country,Mode Of Payment(whether it is 'Paypal','Authorize.net',etc.),After that u have to store Member's Credit Card Type('Visa','MasterCard','Discover','American Express',etc.), Credit Card Number,Expire Date, Social Security Code,etc.For the PAYPAL u have to register at http://www.paypal.com/ so that the Member can Pay & That fund will be transferred to u'r account.They r providing recurring facility so after each month they can deduct the money which u have specified from their account.U can get this page's view from paypal.com.select count(member_id) as tot_member from member where DATE_FORMAT(dCreatedDate,'%m') = DATE_FORMAT(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP(),'%m')From this Query U Can Get the Current Month's Total Member Registered.If someone can focus on this then it will be more helpful.
okay I dont think I am going to be useing paypal, I am pretty sure my client wants to use ccbill.comthanks alot for this information.okay so I understand that you need to store all that information. I still do not understand how to charge them monthly..would this have to be something I do manually? or is it something that will be automated?my client has asked for this to charge them monthly untill they choose to terminate the accountthat SQL query you wrote up there, what is that doing? is the %m a month? please explain a little more if you have the time!

1] I will give u example.Suppose your Client Is going to SignUp then at that time U have diffrent Packages Like U r Charging $100 fro 1 Month,$150 for 2 Month Subscription,etc.So when he/she select particular package & fill up all the information regarding Credit Cards after that it goes to ccbill.com as u said that ur client is going to choose that. Then That Amount Of Money Say ($100) automatically deducted from his/her account & transfers to ur account.Only Things u have to provide that how much money u want to deduct from that Member's account.2] About Query here '%m' means month. This Query displays number of people/member registered for the particular month. I think u also need to include year to be more generelize.So now query become select count(member_id) as tot_member from member where DATE_FORMAT(dCreatedDate,'%Y-%m') = DATE_FORMAT(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP(),'%Y-%m')So from above query u can get how many or number of people registered in the Particular Years Particular Month.One thing u can also do that u can store this querys information in One Table. So u have idea that how many people/member registered in Particular Monthex. Jan.06 has 50 members,Feb 06 has 100 members.This will help u a lot for future purpose.

As far as charging automatically, you probably want that to be manual. You wouldn't want to run into problems where the system started billing people incorrectly. It would probably be best to have the person running the site be able to log in, run a report on who needs to be charged, and charge everyone at once. They would just have to log in near the end of the month to run the charge for the next month, but they would see the reports showing how much they are charging, for what, etc.

Archived