IE Firefox prob

shujjah

ok i have created a website and it looks great in HTML but it looks kinda bad in firefox plz helphere is the link http://shujjah.110mb.com/Home.htmlhere is the css file http://shujjah.110mb.com/style.cssplz help and i will be grateful
check if your using any of these, if you are, firefox does not support them.. It hasnt been updated since 2000, but some of them still apply.

not really sure what the question is here? is it the navigation menu? i noticed thats not working in FF. did it not work in the original template or is it some change you made?

yes the navigation menu and also almost all the pics such as the navigation menu header and the headers of latest reviews, advertisements all look kind big . i think the padding-top is working badly on FF.plz just check the html and css file and tell me what i did wrong plz :)

yes the navigation menu and also almost all the pics such as the navigation menu header and the headers of latest reviews, advertisements all look kind big . i think the padding-top is working badly on FF.
Just to mention this, Firefox is the one getting it right, IE is the one that is messing up the code. Your code is probably tuned to IE. This is why people develop sites for browsers like Firefox which get the code right, and then make fixes so that IE displays it as well.

Just to mention this, Firefox is the one getting it right, IE is the one that is messing up the code. Your code is probably tuned to IE. This is why people develop sites for browsers like Firefox which get the code right, and then make fixes so that IE displays it as well.
so how can i fix it now plz any html expert help me :)

open your css and add:#nav li a:link {display:block;}
thnkx a lot it removed the nav bug but still the images of navigation header,navigation main,navigation forums,partners,affiliates,member login,advertisiments,featured,latest reviews all are kinda big . all are appearing kinda big and are appearing kinda twice. just open the website in IE and firefox anf u will see the difference plz help after that my site's main layout will be done plz help i will be grateful :)

try changing '#nav h2' to this:

#nav h2 {background:url(images/nav_m.gif) no-repeat;color:#FFFFCC;font-family:BatmanForeverAlternate;font-size:11px;height:16px;margin:0;padding-top:10px;text-align:center;width:133px;}

also wherever you have:background-image:url(images/xxx.gif);change to:background:url(images/xxx.gif) no-repeat;( xxx = image name)

try changing '#nav h2' to this:
#nav h2 {background:url(images/nav_m.gif) no-repeat;color:#FFFFCC;font-family:BatmanForeverAlternate;font-size:11px;height:16px;margin:0;padding-top:10px;text-align:center;width:133px;}

also wherever you have:background-image:url(images/xxx.gif);change to:background:url(images/xxx.gif) no-repeat;( xxx = image name)

ahuh doesnt work if i add no-repeat it just removes the image both in IE and FF plz help :)

did you change background-image to background as above? it shouldnt make the backgrounds disappear

did you change background-image to background as above? it shouldnt make the backgrounds disappear
yeah it worked ah man how can i thank you thnkx a lot :) plus how does my site look? :) and what do u say should i add a background image to the site also?again thnkx a lot :)

One thing you should know is that the batman font you use in CSS will not show up for anyone else. Only people who have the font installed on their computer will see it. If someone does not have the font (like most people), they will see the default browser font instead. You can see how that looks by changing the batman font to some non-existent font. You can choose several font for a class and it will use the first one it finds available, so you might want to pick a backup font that people are likely to have in case they don't have the primary font.

Archived